BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ask friends probly.

- - - Updated - - -

Was it Felix? I bet it was Felix. She couldn't control the monster within her so he had to put her down with tears in his eyes, but still totes manfully. Then he has a brief but manly cry and goes off to save the ****ing world.
    ****ing nailed it. What a deeply disturbing, creepy and sexist ****ing scenario that was. I am done with Black Library and if GW **** up End Times and Dark Eldar I'm done with them. Oh the only bit I didn't get what was where Mx tells Felix he didn't need to kill her, that was just ****ing brilliant. Not even angry, just over this ****. Not even going to bother sending BL a letter like I used to.

Oh and then all the focus is on how sad and tragic ****ing Felix is, nevermind the fact he just murdered his ex unnecessarily. This was a horrible example of the Women in Refrigerators trope. Ulrika had her own ****ing trilogy of books and then they kill her off solely to make Felix look like a tragic hero. so done.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-19-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

****ing nailed it. What a deeply disturbing, creepy and sexist ****ing scenario that was. I am done with Black Library and if GW **** up End Times and Dark Eldar I'm done with them. Oh the only bit I didn't get what was where Mx tells Felix he didn't need to kill her, that was just ****ing brilliant. Not even angry, just over this ****. Not even going to bother sending BL a letter like I used to.

Oh and then all the focus is on how sad and tragic ****ing Felix is, nevermind the fact he just murdered his ex unnecessarily. This was a horrible example of the Women in Refrigerators trope. Ulrika had her own ****ing trilogy of books and then they kill her off solely to make Felix look like a tragic hero. so done.
    WTF???? THEY KILLED OFF THE COOLEST FEMALE CHAR???? Well then! **** you black Library, **** you.

Also hope she comes back going "Screw you guys its on" And kills them all well siding with Nagash.
    Last edited by White Tiger88; 09-19-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Yup, really, really badly too. Like imagine if Gotrek fell down some stairs, broke his arms and Felix stabbed him in the face because Gotrek had lost his respect and you would be approaching how terrible this is. I mean I kind of expected her to die in this obok, I atl east hoped she would die well in a way that was consistent with her development in her novels but lolnope.

I have better things to do than support companies that let their authors treat prominent female characters like this. Soo done.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Yup, really, really badly too. Like imagine if Gotrek fell down some stairs, broke his arms and Felix stabbed him in the face because Gotrek had lost his respect and you would be approaching how terrible this is.

I have better things to do than support companies that let their authors treat prominent female characters like this. Soo done.
    Sad part is she is only the second female vampire to have this crap pulled on her......... Hopefully like i said above she come's back and kills them all yelling "NAGASH FOR THE WIN *** HATS"

(Also i stopped buying GW books after they started killing off ANY character who wasn't black\white personality wise. (Remember kids! Kill off the cool chick everyone likes and leave the dwarf everyone WANTS DEAD! Because GW logic!)

On a side note anyone want to buy ALL my Black Library books? If not anyone want to have a bonfire.........
    Last edited by White Tiger88; 09-19-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Book is awesome though.

And there is good reason Felix does her in.

SPOILER COMING!

Essentially, they're in Praag, and having largely subsisted off of chaos tained blood, even going so far as to scoff a Troll, Ulrika loses it properly. There's an argument she lost it to the degree that Felix did not in fact kill Ulrika, but The Beast inside her.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Except Max says he didn't have to do it. It shouldn't have happened and it shouldn't have been written as to focus the entire thing on how sad it makes him. It was a despicable and sexist death to the single most developed female character in WFB.

I read back three chapters then up to the end so I have some idea of the context of the death itself and it was still completely unnecessary and horriblly, horribly done. That bit where Max and Felix were standing over her corpse effectively judging her was one of the most disgusting things I've read in fiction in a long time.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-20-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Iron Father

Not sure how much of a decapitating kills vamps in GW lore, but after reading the suvivability of many other vampires. I wouldn't be surprised if she's going to come back at some point.......and pretty pissed off and uber powerful too.

Spoiler

Me, I'm still mourning the death of Snorri......I'm hating Gotrek right now.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Not sure how much of a decapitating kills vamps in GW lore, but after reading the suvivability of many other vampires. I wouldn't be surprised if she's going to come back at some point.......and pretty pissed of and uber powerful too.
    Depends on the plot really. They can certainly be revived with some ffort, perhaps less with Shyish being freed. I hope they do something like that, otherwise it is a ****ing disgusting end to the only WFB woman character to really be fleshed out. Three novels for gods sake, Neferata and Valkia got one each and that's basically it for female lead books. Killing her off to make Felix look tragic is just a disgrace.

Snorri was sad also, much better send off with genuine emotional impact though. Guymer is obviously a good writer but he ****ed up royally with Ulrika.

I nearly cried at Snorri's Doom
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I didn't, too cranky about Ulrika. Brothers had to physically stop me throwing my WFB books in the burninator.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast