BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    Really the problem is vlad sending her (or any vampire for that matter) into praag instead of a human or a liche, I doubt even abhorash (first of the blood dragon vampires and well known for self control/discipline) could of contained the beast in ulrika's situation and it is a real feat of willpower that she lasted as long as she did, aparantly the local lahmian vampires had given in to the beast almost immediately once chaos enveloped praag and probably the majority of vampires would have too, perhaps only the master vampires could of lasted longer, still seems a bit unnecessary and most likely none permanent, but no vampire could of remained themself in that situation
    The problem was the choice to put her in that situation and then have Felix put her down.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I don't feel any real connection to any of the characters in the book they are all neurotupicalls and thus I wouldn't grieve any of their deaths that heavily, though I imagine if the only autistic character to get a dedicated book series was killed in another series in such a illogical way I'd probably be upset to, but never been a autistic character in any novel I've read, so I'm used to reading about characters I don't have much in common with

How much does this book references the old Slayer novels by Bill King and N. Long? I've been out of the loop for some time now, since my last G&F book was Shamanslayer, and it was rather weak IMO. Pedo-Felix was creepy. I've heard that they're gearing Gotrek up for becoming the reincarnation of Grimnir. It makes sense with Valten returning, Tyrion probably becoming the Avatar of Khaine and Glotkin as an embodiment of Nurgle. I still need to grab the Road of skulls. Heard that it was great.
    Check out my wargaming blog "It Always Rains in Nuln".
    http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Xathrodox86 View Post
    How much does this book references the old Slayer novels by Bill King and N. Long? I've been out of the loop for some time now, since my last G&F book was Shamanslayer, and it was rather weak IMO. Pedo-Felix was creepy. I've heard that they're gearing Gotrek up for becoming the reincarnation of Grimnir. It makes sense with Valten returning, Tyrion probably becoming the Avatar of Khaine and Glotkin as an embodiment of Nurgle. I still need to grab the Road of skulls. Heard that it was great.
    I reading Road of Skulls now and it is quite good. But there is an inconsistency with the time frame because if I am not mistaken it takes place after Zombieslayer and in the end of that book, Snorri was sent to Karak Kadrin to Grminir's altar. But he is not even mentioned in Road of Skulls it seems. Unless it takes place a long time after Zombieslayer. Also I agree with theory of Gotrek becoming reincarnation of Grimnir, hope they make new model of him. And to the earlier posts about Ulrika, I have a feeling we will see her again. But at least Snorri is finally at rest, drinking vodka and beer the Ancestors' halls.

Road of Skulls is an odd one. Book itself is ok, but yeah, the timeline is wonky, and it really doesn't clear up when it was set.

I think it's from between Giantslayer and Orcslayer - part of the general wanderings.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I recall that GW announced that after Zombieslayer readers could "choose" when the next books will take place. It was prob ably due to the fact that Nathan Long's books took place after the SoC, which was retconned. Now The Kinslayer is said explicitly to take place during the End Times. Confused yet? I know I am.
    Check out my wargaming blog "It Always Rains in Nuln".
    http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910