BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Not in her own novels she wasn't, she was fantastic in her own novels. But she was certainly reduced to a plot device to produce manpain in Kinslayer.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not in her own novels she wasn't, she was fantastic in her own novels. But she was certainly reduced to a plot device to produce manpain in Kinslayer.
    I never did get around to reading the third one of those....Im not sure if it ever showed up at my GW
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I want to see a picture of Gotrek Gurning-son.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

To be fair everything in the Gotrek & Felix novels seems to exist for one of three reasons.

1)For Gotrek to try and murder

2)TO get murdered by the things Gotrek really needs to murder so that we know its important

3)To cause Felix emotional distress.

Yeah, the problem was that they gave Ulrika her own series, which was excellent and in doing so made her the most well developed female character GW have with more words written about her than any other...and then threw her back into a G+F novel and killed her off to make Felix sad. ****ing disgraceful.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Yeah, the problem was that they gave Ulrika her own series, which was excellent and in doing so made her the most well developed female character GW have with more words written about her than any other...and then threw her back into a G+F novel and killed her off to make Felix sad. ****ing disgraceful.
    Let it go EG. I'm almost positive that's not the end of Ulrika.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Maybe Thanquol will resurrect her, and we'll get roborussianvampirewarriormaiden?

Actually...that sounds rather plausible as it'd make Felix have an utter Shinji fit.

More likely the troll blood she scoffed will help her regenerate, but still not convinced it will happen.

There's also a lot of magic floating about Praag...

And as we know, a Vampire can ressurect with sufficient background magic.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

As someone who really focuses on the lore related to vampires, liches, vampire spawn and all things undead I can confirm that Ulrika can recover from full decapitation even without troll blood, in fact as long as very specific rituals aren't invocted she can survive complete dismemberment of all limbs without requiring any outward assistance, and I do understand eldargals anger over ulkricas death she was really the only female character in any warhammer fantasy book I've read to not ultimately fail, I feel much the same way about snorri but with a more cold deadness instead of anger, he was the only psychologically disabled character to be portrayed in a good light (even though the only character to display the personality ticks and lack of emotional understanding I have because of ASD was nagash and it can't even be confirmed that he had it, let alone him being portrayed as a genocidal power hungry maniac) it annoys me that all the people in the warhammer world with psychological problems seems to be either a zealot, cultist/mutant or otherwise not a good guy like the lack of strong female characters annoys you, though in the whole end times the only woman that matters (and because of her training can single handedly stop nagash and chaos) hasn't been mentioned in any source of lore since giantslayer
    Last edited by Anthrax ion pusscabe; 09-30-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Hit enter to fast

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast