Hey y'all, so we know that in the new book Wolf Guard on bikes became much cheaper and therefore that much more viable as a useful unit. Unfortunately I'm at work ATM so I don't have my book handy but I've been thinking...

Everyone assumes wolf guard have to be close combat killy. But if you've got them on bikes they get relentless. So would it be possible to load them up with plasma guns and use them in a light cavalry capacity, basically zooming around harassing tough units or getting in the backline with rapid firing plasma to mess up vehicles' rear armour? Maybe give them a power weapon or a wolf claw (since with the plasma they've lost 2CCW already) to mop up anything they can't blast into dust or force to run away?

As far as I can tell TWC have got fast CC killiness covered and swift laws with a BS 3 would be useless without the TL re-rolls, so that leaves WG bikers as a quick shooty unit.

Like I said, I don't have my book with me so I don't even know if you can do this but I'm interested in people's thoughts on the matter.