BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nope just says 1 challenge per combat the words "on going" don't appear anywhere

Text wise there's nothing that says you can re-challenge if they refuse or that you can do anything more than get them to duck out for the 1st round of combat so bit of a change all round.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    Nope just says 1 challenge per combat the words "on going" don't appear anywhere

Text wise there's nothing that says you can re-challenge if they refuse or that you can do anything more than get them to duck out for the 1st round of combat so bit of a change all round.
    Read it properly don't skip paragraphs; 3rd para left hand side P101. "Once one challenge has been made no further challenges can be issued in that combat that turn."

Then it says: "If the challenge is accepted .... no further challenges can be issued until that challenge has been resolved"

The only bit I cut out was a reference to another section that was totally unimportant.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

I didn't skip anything its says 1 per combat full stop and even in bold for good measure.

Paragraph 2 & 3 go into how to issue a challenge and its process, it does seem a bit weird that the text looks like its been written with 6th rules without really reading what they've put in paragraph 1, not got my 6th handy so I can't see if they've done the dreaded cut & paste.

As far as I'm aware though combat starts when 2 units butt heads and stops when 1 of them leaves.

I didn't skip anything its says 1 per combat full stop and even in bold for good measure.

Paragraph 2 & 3 go into how to issue a challenge and its process, it does seem a bit weird that the text looks like its been written with 6th rules without really reading what they've put in paragraph 1, not got my 6th handy so I can't see if they've done the dreaded cut & paste.

As far as I'm aware though combat starts when 2 units butt heads and stops when 1 of them leaves.
    So by that then we were playing it wrong in 6th too, the wording hasn't changed I just looked. Still bolded out as Only 1 challenged can be issued per close combat. The other paragraphs always did just clarify what they meant by that; that only 1 can be issued until it's resolved.

The only thing that's really altered is the 'outside forces' bit; where the wounds from a challenge carry over if you kill your opponent.

Could be I dunno looks like the paragraphs are written by different people as in they don't really make sense when read as a whole.

One says one combat the other implies a never ending stream of victims

Anyways at least GW sorted out the rest sitting around doing nothing, I have had a couple of people trying to claim it went only 1 way tho from Big scary demon to everyone else but we don't get to fight back which it clearly isn't

Could be I dunno looks like the paragraphs are written by different people as in they don't really make sense when read as a whole.

One says one combat the other implies a never ending stream of victims

Anyways at least GW sorted out the rest sitting around doing nothing, I have had a couple of people trying to claim it went only 1 way tho from Big scary demon to everyone else but we don't get to fight back which it clearly isn't
    I still think the Intent is clear; 1 per combat until such time as it's resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I still think the Intent is clear; 1 per combat until such time as it's resolved.
    If it were a comp and it mattered then you should get a TO ruling on it as intent isn't really good enough and I'm not sure reading it all that there is intent there is just sloppy writing and the author has gone off and started thinking ahead to to wax on about epic moments and forging a narrative.

Final thought on the matter well I'm pretty much on the fence both views have merit

this is how you deal with a challenge in modern times:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12