31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tactical Squad Space Marine

24 77.42%
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would win?

Default Who would win?

It's a straight fight, one-on-one. They are in a huge white room, no cover, and they are twenty metres apart. The Astartes has the standard kit of a Marine: frag, krak, bolter, combat knife, power armour. The Tyrannosaur has tiny little arms and 'more teeth than the Osmond family'.

My partner and I were discussing this over tea in town today. We came down on the side of the Astartes, but we weren't convinced. I said I'd throw it out to the community, see what the considered response was.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 09-21-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Astartes.

Better reactions, and most importantly? A lot more intelligent. Would be able to make decent, informed guesses about exactly where to place his shots or blows.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

What are the Astartes armed with? If they have bolters (or anything stronger) they will win. They will know to focus their fire on the head.
    Astartes are in power armour? Probably safe from T-Rex's bite (except for the sergeant who has taken his helmet off to look more sergeanty).
    The inclusion of grenades makes it very 1-sided in favour of the marines.

10 naked Astartes vs 1 T-Rex - My money is on Rexy.

Some modern finds suggest T-Rex may have been a pack hunter. Fossilised footprints with 3 Rexes in formation.

So - 10 Astartes (with bolters but no grenades, special or heavy weapons) vs 3 T-Rex? Much closer fight.

That would depend on how intelligent the T-Rex is/was. Pack animals are often (but not always) smarter than individual hunters because of the need to coordinate their hunt.
    Last edited by Rob Godin; 09-21-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Iron Father

I think he means the tyranid and not dinosaur

*edit* my bad, indeed it's T-Rex. Lol John Hammonds not going to be too happy.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 09-21-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

also, are we talking tabletop level Astartes or novel level SPEHS MEHREEEEENS?
    either way, Rex ain't gonna bite through power armour, and I have my doubts if he would ever catch a naked Marine (not if he's Raven Guard, that's for sure... )
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

The Space Marine as dinosaurs never existed.

Chaplain

I love big Rex! For therapods you cannot get much better. That said, even a 12 Meter T-rex is not really going to be able to do much against an armoured opponent. If the astartes was stupid enough to try to grapple with him it possible he could be injured or killed by the sheer bulk of the dinosaur. From a 'fluff' standpoint they have had feats of space marines (Prospero burns comes to mind) where they handle the local wildlife even when it is many tonnes heavier than a tank!

If a rex snuck up on a helmetless marine and chomped him unawares, then yes, the marine will have a bad day. Any other circumstance will not be in the dino's favor.

Librarian

and then, as the dinosaur slumps forward, the exodite riding it lunges, spearing the space marine with his lance!

Occuli Imperator

T-Rex might hypnotise them with their melodic tunes...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by iheartgrimdark View Post
    The Space Marine as dinosaurs never existed.
    Oh your one of "those" believers
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast