BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

That is how democracy works though.

But his opinions do carry weight, look at how the tory position has shifted to attempt to appease the euro skeptics. I mean before ukip started chuntering on there wasn't even the debate about being in or out of europe.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

love the idea of a motorbike but to be honest i would need a side car to carry al my gear. also its my test is next weeck and the cost of learning has almost broke me, to start again to get a cbt etc. not for a long while im afraid. and i think if i did get a bike i would be a summer time rider as joints already complain when it gets cold. ( to much martial arts etc when i was younger )

but back on topick what we really need is a return to the subsidised and regular publick transport we had when i was growing up those buses where always full. rather than profits going ofshore mostly and to shareholders.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    That is how democracy works though.

But his opinions do carry weight, look at how the tory position has shifted to attempt to appease the euro skeptics. I mean before ukip started chuntering on there wasn't even the debate about being in or out of europe.
    Its almost as if democracy is an inherrently flawed system of governance

Occuli Imperator

Motorbike pay your £100 for cbt, pass that then drive on l plates for 2 years, rinse and repeat but good luck.

Public transport is subsidised. There is an argument that if you live many miles away from where you work and travel by train why should tax money be spent subsidising you just so you can live a long way from work?
    Of course that leads to questions about availability and affordability of housing, the cost of environmental impacts etc.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30375609[/url]

Tory MP admits playing Candy Crush during committee

Three things jump out at me about this story.

1. Why is "Classics degree" used as a heading, it is not related to this story in any meaningful way.
    2. Why do we need details about what Candy Crush is
    3. The House's action is to go after the journalist for breaching parlimanentary procedure rather than chastising the MP for dossing about.

It is #3 that shows just how removed from reality Parliament is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Its almost as if democracy is an inherrently flawed system of governance
    It all depends who you allow to vote
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

yup, my motorbike costs me around £5 a week in petrol, running in to town six days a week. insurance this year was £137, road tax was something like £30.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

Quick apply to the DVLA for a refund! Road tax doesn't exist.

Chapter-Master

huh?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30375609[/url]

Tory MP admits playing Candy Crush during committee

Three things jump out at me about this story.

1. Why is "Classics degree" used as a heading, it is not related to this story in any meaningful way.
    2. Why do we need details about what Candy Crush is
    3. The House's action is to go after the journalist for breaching parlimanentary procedure rather than chastising the MP for dossing about.

It is #3 that shows just how removed from reality Parliament is.

- - - Updated - - -

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/07/champagne-house-of-lords-reform-taxpayer[/url]

This is my favourite story of the week with regards to out ot touch parliment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    huh?
    techincally, what everyone calls "Road Tax" is Vehicle Excise Duty, hasn't paid for roads specifically since 1937.

Chapter-Master

you pay it to go on the roads, it is a road tax

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    you pay it to go on the roads, it is a road tax
    No, you pay it to have the vehicle . Though I did have to double check the IoM's rules as they are worded differently to the big island.