How do?

So, referendum is done and over with, so Independence Thread is now a bit defunct. So I started this one, hurrah!

I'll kick off with a puzzler....

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29306231]Labour seem reticent over English Parliament type thing[/url]. Which is crazy.

I don't think there's a single person in Scotland who feels it isn't daft that a Scottish MP can vote on matters solely affecting England.

Way I see it, a more federal UK could be a good thing - lots of grumbling over the years about Westminster being too Londoncentric in it's views and influences. Yet Labour aren't really back it.

Answer seems fairly obvious - Scotland has a decent number of Labour MPs, and just a single Tory, so those votes are important. But the confusing thing? Seems they're about to make exactly the same mistake the Tory party did in 1997 - refuse to discuss a pressing matter.

For the Tories, it was a Scottish (and indeed Welsh) desire for devolution. Lib Dumbs and Labour put it to the people. Tories just said 'no'. Net result? Tory massacre in Scotland. Not a single Tory MP from north of the border. And Labour now risk that very same mistake!