BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 236 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yes but the greens certainly don't compare to that in numbers.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    Humans really are stupid enough that a completely callous and empathy lacking supercomputer would be a better politician than any human
    Nope. Someone would need to programme the computer, preventing impartiality.

And knowing our luck, it would be someone in the pocket of Dingo Wukka of Newscorp fame.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Humans are stupid, consider first world countries, we are soon getting to the point where the number 1 cause of death will be from having eaten too much.

If we were to elect some kind of beneolvant dictator it would be better.

Take for instance the roman catholic churhc, not the best of examples I know, but a group of "wise" heads elect their dictator. Then he can usher in whatever changes he wishes without the need for votes or people being consulted (though vatican II did stall his powers). So the pope can push through changes much quicker than say a democractic system which requires voting and discussion.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Humans are stupid, consider first world countries, we are soon getting to the point where the number 1 cause of death will be from having eaten too much.

Take for instance the roman catholic churhc, not the best of examples I know, but a group of "wise" heads elect their dictator. Then he can usher in whatever changes he wishes without the need for votes or people being consulted (though vatican II did stall his powers). So the pope can push through changes much quicker than say a democractic system which requires voting and discussion.
    Huge downside of debates and discussion... I've been waiting for the US to overhaul the Health System for 30 years and there has been so little progress it's laughable! (I literally started hoping for an overhaul when I was a teenager.)

Not to mention the progress that gets killed by committee. When I worked in Healthcare there was a new technology being developed that got shelved because it shifted dollars from one physician specialty to another even though it would be better for the patients. Humans are worse than stupid, we have a tendency to be self serving.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post

I think we could all do a lot better if we simply accepted that corruption is inevitable in politics. It's like Necromancy in Warhammer - it can and will pervert even the purest intent.

All those constantly complaining, or worse, following Mr Brand's wonderful idea of not actually voting at all are just peeved they've not been able to compete. And they also tend to show a very lax understanding of democracy (in short, you're the minority this time, suck it up).
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I would like the Starship Troopers version of achieving your voting rights by civic duty.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think we could all do a lot better if we simply accepted that corruption is inevitable in politics. It's like Necromancy in Warhammer - it can and will pervert even the purest intent.

All those constantly complaining, or worse, following Mr Brand's wonderful idea of not actually voting at all are just peeved they've not been able to compete. And they also tend to show a very lax understanding of democracy (in short, you're the minority this time, suck it up).
    That blikey from the farmer's pride advert has a better view imo, but then he is a punk, always wanting to change the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I would like the Starship Troopers version of achieving your voting rights by civic duty.
    Yes, you have to actually have a vested interest in the country in order to make decisions for it. Plus public education from an early age...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I've always thought every citizen should pay into the tax pool as well. People with no skin in the game tend to not care much about how a country runs.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

It's almost like the EU [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29751124"]want us to leave[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Hopefully - it will make things easier in the long run.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.