BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Two things politically related.

Firstly: Germany's sucessfully proved in EU court that EU migrants were not automatically entitled to all state benefits

This might help to pacify the more right wing UKIP goons, however, I am guessign that alot of them don't understand what they are voting for so will rely on their gut feelings baout things.

Secondly: In the Autumn Statement, the PM is to annouce a further £5 Bn road spending plans.

I am in two minds about this on the one hand building more roads is important economically. On the other, totla human experiance has shown that more roads you build the more congestion you get, the only exception being the M6 Toll which no one uses as it is the only Toll road in the UK.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Economics trumps convenience, and sadly sometimes sanity.

I'm pleased with the recent EU ruling. And you know what I want to see? A list of each member state's issues with how Europe currently is. Mostly because I'm nosy, but also because the image we're often painted by the media is that we're alone in wanting reform etc. Then this apparently came out of the blue?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I love the M6 toll road as I use it that infrequently its a beautifully empty piece of road.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

I wish there was a toll road that went to the southwest :P. The M6/M5 is the bane of all Scotland-Cornwall travel. Id happily pay to drive on a nice clear road and save myself an extra 2-3 hours driving time!!

Occuli Imperator

AirHorse travel after 1900 and you will be fine. Trouble with the troll road is that it is longer than the original so is only quicker during peak times.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

Yeah I know Wolfshade, but unfortunately when you are driving that far its not always possible .

Back on topic, I definitely agree with Mr Mystery, I'd love to see a lot more about the EU from perspectives of places like Germany etc. I really feel like in the UK right now the EU is such a huge political scapegoat...would be interesting to see if its similar in other places!

Chapter-Master

So we have a [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30140747"]second UKIP seat[/URL] but its the sitting MP again so we still don't know if people are voting for him personally or along party lines.

And more [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30139832"]middleclass sneering[/URL] at the electorate from the labour party

"Ms Thornberry"

Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Occuli Imperator

So UKIP are twice as popular as the Greens.

I am starting to get quite worried that UKIP may be the king maker in the elections next year...