BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 89 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And the photos shown are shown for a reason - they're dramatic. Except of course they're often shown out of context. Of those I've seen, I'm seeing specific restraint techniques applied, as in 'this only hurts if you struggle, and shouldn't cause permanent damage'

The same kind used in Prisons and that, which are authorised for a reason.
    There is media bias, of course. Always difficult to find the truth of what's going on.

A colleague of mine shared a rather disgraceful image of a bored delivery man outside 10 Downing Street with a stack of boxes of Moet. Came from a page full of anti-Tory hate about the smug buggers sipping champagne over their victory, in the name of, "austerity."

Just a shame that a quick reverse-image search showed it as the headline photo for a delivery for Gordon Brown in 2004...
    Last edited by CoffeeGrunt; 05-11-2015 at 05:54 AM.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    not a sensible theory of course, but I am surprised by just how many reports are flying around blaming various groups, don't usually see this many.
    I have looked on the BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Mirror, and Daily Mail Websites.

I cannot see any reports blaming anyone other than anti-austerity lefties - if the Mirror or the Guardian had any grounds to suspect it was agent provocateurs of the Right - or the Police (FFS) it would be bigger than Ben Hur.

Links please.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Tbh, I'm not sure what people are arguing for. There's massive demand for Proportionate Representation, but even then the Tories would still possess a convincing win, the only difference being Green would be slightly larger and UKIP would be a notable entity, with the SNP being diminished.
    Don't forget that a lot of people would vote differently in a proportional system. Just look at the last EU vote, I can't believe the difference is just policy related.

And I'm not sure if I'd call a vote share of 36,9% a convincing win

Chapter-Master

can't believe that ****ing **** farage is going to stay as UKIP leader after all.

what a *****.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

People called it before the polling even started. Think about it, he promises to resign and thus he does, but he's left the party instructions to publicly beg for him to come back. Then he returns to do a service to his country, because he's what it needs, and gets a big, triumphant comeback to give UKIP's polls a shot in the arm in the future, allowing him to lay the groundwork for the 2020 elections.

Pretty clever, and I hate him for it.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

his bigoted little bunch of ****wits would disappear without him. who else could make the apologies every week and somehow convince people they aren't racist scum despite the endless gaffs and evidence to the contrary? was just looking forward to another far right party disappearing.

We'd be happy to send y'all George W. Bush if you want someone to make him look better.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Chapter-Master

I'd swap Farage for Bush, Bush wouldn't enter politics over here.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    his bigoted little bunch of ****wits would disappear without him. who else could make the apologies every week and somehow convince people they aren't racist scum despite the endless gaffs and evidence to the contrary? was just looking forward to another far right party disappearing.
    You are writing off 3.9 million people as racist scum? Really your prejudice does you very little credit.

This article is tailor-made for you Kirsten. Although probably not the correct terminology as that conjures up professional clothes making and not some organic fairtrade sourced hemp construction that most looney lefties would prefer.

[URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11596659/The-juvenile-Left-needs-to-stop-wasting-its-time-talking-exclusively-to-itself.html"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11596659/The-juvenile-Left-needs-to-stop-wasting-its-time-talking-exclusively-to-itself.html[/URL]
    Last edited by Denzark; 05-11-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Erm, Kirsten was saying the party was full of "racist scum", and the constant gaffs and expulsions of party members would suggest that. In fact, the comment is actually suggesting that Farage is the lynchpin in pulling the wool over the British public's eyes in covering up the fact that they are a racist party. So no, Kirsten is not writing off 3.9million people as scum.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.