BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 71 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Plus it'll be out of date before they even start building it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Not looked that far into it to be honest!

I just don't get the fear of infrastructure investment. No, it's not necessarily gonna be cheap, but it is necessary.

And broken record time, but I know I'm not alone in this thread get public services back out of private hands.

If a private company can run the rail networks, power networks, water supply etc at a profit, why in the name of Satan's portion could the same not be true if publically owned again? It's ludicrous.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I have never really given much thought about public vs private supply, our choices are very limited on the island. but then last year when British Gas announced that they had made £6 billion in profit, you have to wonder why on earth the government aren't in control of it. the British Gas guy was on Radio 2 and was being grilled about why prices kept rising and bills kept going up, when they were making £6 billion in profit, and he said oh but we reinvested £3 billion of that in infrastructure. yes but you still made £3 billion in profit after that. he claimed supply prices were high, but they buy gas supply from themselves, so they set the prices...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup.

Tasty little cartel they have going.

I know it was sold off to make munneh to pay off debt (or if you're VERY cynical, turn a quick buck for party supporters), but it's time we renationalised our necessary services.

- - - Updated - - -

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32428648]Tower Hamlets local election declared void....[/url]

Erk!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Conservatives setting out 'English votes for English laws' today.

Good. It's about time. There seems to be quite some jealousy about the deal Scotland has, and it's degree of relative autonomy. Yet when that happened, it wasn't the Scots who arranged to be able to vote on English matters still. In fact it's always been slightly baffling to me that it was such a one way street.

I've also always found it a shame that English Nationalists are typically viewed as far-right, racist bull necked ****s. They're not the be all and end all of English Nationalism, but they are the most vocal.

I'd love to see the flag of St George reclaimed from the far right.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Pointless infrastructure like HS2?
    What do you mean? It is delivering a dedicated cycle lane from Birmingham to London! How fantastic is that?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Conservatives setting out 'English votes for English laws' today.

Good. It's about time. There seems to be quite some jealousy about the deal Scotland has, and it's degree of relative autonomy. Yet when that happened, it wasn't the Scots who arranged to be able to vote on English matters still. In fact it's always been slightly baffling to me that it was such a one way street.

I've also always found it a shame that English Nationalists are typically viewed as far-right, racist bull necked ****s. They're not the be all and end all of English Nationalism, but they are the most vocal.

I'd love to see the flag of St George reclaimed from the far right.
    Yup, for some reason nationalist is only a dirty word in England.

Also on St. George, bloomin immigrants comming here slaying our dragons...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32428648]Tower Hamlets local election declared void....[/url]

Erk!
    This is quite worrying it took a private lawsuit as the electoral commission and police failed to investigate. It is like the paedophilia ring, people to scared to be called a racist or "islamaphobic" to investigate or take action.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I may not know a lot about British Politics but that is just untrue. Try being a nationalist in Germany

Chapter-Master

I think he means in Britain, rather than in the world at large
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

That would make more sense indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Gunna throw it out there, Nationalism is more accepted in Ireland, Scotland and Wales because it's seen as an attempt to return to the local culture that the English rolled over during their medieval invasions. Hence the push to keep dying languages alive and promote the identity of each people beyond, "it's the one up top where they eat haggis, the other one drinks a lot, and the last one have lots of mountains and sheep."

Hence why it's seen as laughable when the English bleat about other cultures, "comin' over 'ere and wiping away our proppa culture." They've done it to dozens of countries for centuries.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.