BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 122 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2356
    Chapter-Master

exactly. the Tories are banging on about austerity, trying to impose massive cuts on working families, but are quite happy to spend tens or hundreds of millions on an utterly pointless bombing campaign. the only reasonable course is to investigate the countries rumoured to be dealing with IS, like Saudi Arabia, the country we send vast quantities of arms to, who are essentially the IS role model... it is beyond absurd.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of people sticking their head in the sand and hoping it'll go away on this.

We are already bombing dash in Iraq.
    We've been asked by our allies to extend it to dash in syria.
    It has some sort of UN support. We're a permanent member of the security council we're the ones they expect to do these things.
    We're already spending the money and using the assets in Iraq, now we're using probably the same assets on the otherside of a line on a map.
    You can't just go out and order a missile and have it arrive over night we've already paid for them.
    It's inevitable that some civilians will die, but we're not talking about carpet bombing them, and they're living under dash anyway so they might die because they're the wrong type of muslim, or maybe they're one of those terrifying yazidis that are so scary dash massacre them.
    Its not going to make us more of a target, we're already a target, we'll always be a target, because they have a join us or die mentality.
    No we probably won't add a massive amount of firepower, but in this situation where theres no good choices I'd say it makes sense to fulfil our obligations to our allies.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Nobody is sticking their heads in the sand, we just don't think that mass murder of civilians is the solution. All it will do is help IS

Chapter-Master

We're not talking WW2 style carpet bombing here. And they're already dying. It makes no sense to bomb them on one side of the border and not on the other. And we were already bombing them in Iraq.
    And no you aren't the one I was meaning there. My FB feed this morning is full of people that are acting as if this is what makes us a target and we were perfectly safe yesterday.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 12-03-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Chapter-Master

We shouldn't be bombing in Iraq either, it is doing nothing

Chapter-Master

It's apparently slowing their progress.

There are probably two million(quick estimate based on google search) soldiers in the standing armies in the area. But the governments of these countries would rather see a western intervention than use their own armies. Though it's understandable if its true 10k Iraqis ran off from mosel? raqqa? when only 500 dash invaded it.

Chapter-Master

The French air strikes have already killed more civilians than the numbers killed in the Paris attacks, so where is the moral high ground? Each mission costs a million pounds plus. Saying the people might die under IS anyway is not an excuse. IS do need to be stopped, and violently, but bombing just kills too many innocents, and does nothing to end the ideology

Chapter-Master

If thats the case why do it?

Fingers in pies, as ever.

Kick backs, backhanders, conveniently placed brown envelopes, behind the scenes share dealings.

The usual level of corruption we've sadly come to see as perfectly normal in Western politics.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

2/3rds of the parliament? That's even my cynicism doesn't necessarily stretch that far.