BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 137 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2356

Also, I'd just like to point out...

Nearly 18 months and 136 pages later, an Internet Politics thread still hasn't been closed! Amazastound!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

point taken... we Germans just like to know a bit more about the bits we're about to invade, as evidenced historically by you taking a new continent and we taking Europe...
    did I just say that?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Certainly the low countries, and bits of france Grimmas...

To be fair Tyrandian by the time you got your act together we already had anywhere else worth having

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Certainly the low countries, and bits of france Grimmas...

To be fair Tyrandian by the time you got your act together we already had anywhere else worth having
    To be fair, by the time we really got our act together, you had pretty much lost anywhere worth having again... (oh wait that was a bit of an insult to India, and indirectly also all the Aussies and Canucks and whathaveyou right? Then again, that really doesn't matter anymore considering the size of the hole I've already dug for myself...)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

No we'd given the aussies and canadians freedom, not lost them
    We make war jokes, why shouldn't you?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    No we'd given the aussies and canadians freedom, not lost them
    We make war jokes, why shouldn't you?
    because we are Ze Ebil Nazees aren't we? :P

Chapter-Master

Aha standardized european engliz!

Ah.....the game is afoot!

'Appen old BoJo has does his column for the Torygraph, listing 'absurd EU rules and regulations'....apparently, none of them are even remotely true.

Boris....you old Devil you!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yeah, I think Britain has a kind of collective ego that has managed to survive a repeated smashing at Football World Cup after Football World Cup. By Britain I mean The English, really. Every four years they're making hit singles about being the best in the world, when even in Rugby they couldn't get out of the opening groups. :P

Britain thinks it's bigger than it is, I think it really helps to show people a truescale world map every now and then, so they can understand what a piddly economic irrelevance we really are.

Overall we're only twice the size of Cuba, which is tiny. Our navy was sent to the ship breaker yards, our army can just about keep an area peaceful provided we build a bastion in it and wander all over it, but the moment we're gone it all falls back down again, and our air force can only afford to make meager contributions next to the US and Russia.

At least with the EU we can avoid being America's 'me-too' state. Especially if someone like Trump takes the helm then economically strong arms us into whatever idiotic scheme he comes up with.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

When we're talking about trying to hold pacify people that don't care if they die as long as they take you with them it's going to be difficult.