BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 172 of 236 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2356

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Who constitutes a proper person to do the vetting is the issue there...
    The same way one vets a PhD or similar: a peer review by a committee familiar with the field, who interview the person before they go on stage. They test the veracity of their work before it goes public.

The ones who pass or hold up to such scrutiny are viable. The ones who are just making everything up, misrepresenting data, or are just plain wrong get a pat on the back and told to try again.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Though that would potentially encourage conformism and not allow dissenting views of anysort

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Though that would potentially encourage conformism and not allow dissenting views of anysort
    Not sure I agree.

Challenges to the orthodox view must always be welcomed - as long as they are evidence based, and don't involve allusion to some grand conspiracy which will always be impossible to prove.

Take Holocaust Denial. It's an utter nonsense. The evidence is there. Sadly, the corpses are there. The records are there. So such denial cannot successfully challenge the orthodoxy, because it's not evidence based.

However, if some evidence emerged to show something else happened to the millions of souls unaccounted for? That would be a legitimate item of debate. What is it's veracity? Is there a consensus on it's reliability? Is it directly contradicted by other evidence? Those are all valid things which would need to be discussed.

But some goon just saying 'no, no. It's all a Zionist hoax because I've carefully selected the evidence that supports said position whilst simply declaring the rest of the evidence part of the hoax' cannot be debated.

So the former would pass the test, the latter fail it, and miserably so.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 04-26-2016 at 04:25 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

What a farce.
    How does the poor management by the police and the **** stadium design of Hillsborough cause the deaths of 96 people without the poor behaviour of the fans pushing into a space they don't fit?

It took all three for the disaster to happen, but the verdict was basically the only one the families would have accepted after the stupid initial cover up by SY police. What an absolute farce.

Because the Police chose to open the gate, making matters far, far worse?

Also, Jury have heard all the evidence, we haven't?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

And I'm sure they said that after the initial inquest as well Mystery. You know the one that exonerated the police?
    I've been to the stadium - the tunnel is probably still dangerous for crowds, no it took all three to create a perfect storm situation. But lets face it it would be impossible to get a jury for this that didn't have any kind of pre conceived view.

First-Captain

Utter, utter nonsense. The police have now been found to have acted irresponsibly and caused those deaths. They made the decisions that directly lead to the deaths of 96 innocent people.

Speaking of nonsense.

I see the Out campaign remain to come up with a credible alternative.

Apparently, we should now follow Albania's model - except even Albania are saying that's a silly idea.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Utter, utter nonsense. The police have now been found to have acted irresponsibly and caused those deaths. They made the decisions that directly lead to the deaths of 96 innocent people.

Of course they did. But it still required the fans to contribute and the poorly designed stadium. It took all three. Like it took all three in reality when they said it was all the fans fault last time round.

They'd had crushes on those terraces before, but it took the poorly behaved liverpool fans to make it fatal, didn't they get us thrown out european football as well? Or is Heysal just a coincidence?
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 04-26-2016 at 05:30 AM.

First-Captain

The fans didn't make any decisions that directly lead to anyone's death though. So they're not culpable. They decided to show up en mass, fine, that wasn't going to kill anyone, they got drunk and rowdy, again, no one was going to die. Deaths occurred because the police, knowing the layout of the stadium, made the decision.

If you're going to get in to that sort of thing, treating the "fans" as one gestalt individual, then I think the history of policing has a far worse reputation of making poor decisions that lead to the unlawful killing of innocents.