BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Government could do with upping the tax on owning multiple properties for a start. Would put off would-be buy to let landlords, and it's mostly them that's doing the damage, as they buy up what would otherwise be entry level flats and houses.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

PMQ - PM asked to meet with the Sophie Lancaster trust.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

Listening to the Autumn Statement,

Ed Ball's reply to the chancellor says that I am 2k a year worse off than in 2010... laughably wrong.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Interested in the stuff announced, especially the Diverted Profits Tax.

May not work quite as well as promised (what tax does) but seems an elegantly simple solution overall. You make money in the UK, but choose to send it abroad? We'll have 25% of that, ta.

As for Mr Balls' (titter) suggestion - it is worth remembering that VAT went up to 20%, for 15% - that has an impact on the munneh left in my pocket.

Plus, wages on average have again failed to keep pace with inflation, leaving people worse off in real terms based just on that.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-03-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Listening to the Autumn Statement,

Ed Ball's reply to the chancellor says that I am 2k a year worse off than in 2010... laughably wrong.
    I was confused at that. I've felt better off after every budget under this government. I was lower paid and suffered more under Brown.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Obviously we are not hard working families...

Chapter-Master

Well just because I'm not irresponsible enough to have kids I can't afford...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

If you did you could have a free house, have 5 or more and it will be detached. Make sure you or one of the mothers are registered disabled and there will be no benefit cap.

Also, avoid being married to maximise profit.

Tax free is going up to £10,600. That's nice. Sounds daft, but should equate to a few quid extra every month, and I've never going to object to such perks!

40% rate threshold is also going up now, which is equally pleasing as with the overtime I'm doing at the moment, should that continue, I'd be tickling the current threshold after a year.

Fuel duty remains frozen - still think it needs to be cut, because it's daft, likewise beer duty, or at least a two tier system so Pubs don't end up carrying the can for the irresponsible prices Supermarkets offer.

Occuli Imperator

With air quality in cities being above eu safe levels and more people being killed off owing to air pollution than in actual rtcs there needs to be something to disincentivise people from driving everywhere.