BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

True I was being particularly cynical.
    What I know is my SO has had **** off both this one and the last one regarding support for her health conditions.
    This one I haven't found out I'm taking less home every april, The last one wiped out my any payrise I got every single year with a tax increase.
    neither seem interested in sensible solutions to house prices.

At the moment I'm either going to spoil my ballot, or vote to unseat my sitting labour MP. Which would probably mean UKIP as the libdems have a)pissed everyone off and b)too pro eu for me, and the tories have never recovered from thatcher in south yorkshire (if there wasn't a hill in the way I could probably see orgreave from here) so a tvote for them wouldn't unseat our existing leech.
    still end up with a politician though don't we?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Discussion about are we over sensitive about people on twitter.
    Presenter on local breakfast show has just pointed out that someone claiming to be from the local UAF threatened to burn down his house, and they had dog **** thrown at it when he interviewed Nick Griffiths(or whatever hes called).
    Is this really the way we should be doing politics in this country? like 1920's germany?

Think this may have been discussed before, but I'm always amused at those who feign shock that a given politician is a bit unhinged.

Of course they are. It's hard work to be an MP. Need to join a party, work flipping hard to raise your profile, grease the right palms and get the nomination, then win it.

Is it any surprise those that succeed in this endeavour tend to be a bit sociopathic at best? No 'good man' will ever survive in politics. It's cut throat by it's very nature. Indeed I'd say the fact our own Parliament is a bit rubbish at being truly machivellian is a triumph of democracy, as the proper proper loonies are pushed to the fringes where they can do as little harm as possible. Nigel Farage.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Honestly, I'll probably vote Tory this year. Lib Dem are a joke, Green Party are nice but too fringe here to matter. Labour are...I dunno, I haven't seen much between them and the Conservatives that isn't just, "we'll not do the things they do that you hate!" Ed Miliband's as unlikeable a twerp as Cameron, but then one shouldn't vote based on the charisma of the leader. I feel that people are aiming to vote for them for a change, rather than for an actual belief they're able to do the right thing. The "f** the Tories" mentality around nowadays seems set to put Labour in power just so we can hate them instead in 4 years' time.

And then the other alternative is UKIP. 'Nuff said, they're gaining a lot of power in this crappy spit of land I live in. It's difficult to not make these things classist when the town I live in has both a massive unemployed population and a growing loyalty towards UKIP. Correlation and causation and all that, yes, but it's a trend that's hard to ignore. Farage is as popular as Jeremy Kyle to that demographic.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I don't like the man. I'm not even sure what they stand for mostly beyond europe.
    But to unseat the local labour muppet...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I don't like the man. I'm not even sure what they stand for mostly beyond europe.
    But to unseat the local labour muppet...
    Eh. Rebellion without a firm plan for a successor always ends up worse, though. Look at every revolution in the Middle East right now, or Egypt. Obviously our system isn't nearly as extreme, but in a microcosm, it's still a bad idea.

What they stand for beyond Europe is in a manifest they promise they'll get round to writing soon. What's been leaked isn't good - negation of environmental budgeting, less women's and gay rights, all the stuff we've spent decades progressing towards and building, y'know.

I can't help but feel that UKIP's just playing to the masses and giving them what they want, which is excellent democratically provided you have a voter base who know precisely how to build a reliable future for everyone.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

It doesn't matter anyway CG Labour could stand piece of wood with a red rosette on round here and it would still win.

I'd much rather the current incompetent status quo than the hell of UKIP.

I managed to misspell incompetent. That's ironic.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 01-06-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I just worry about labour getting back in too soon.

I don't worry about UKIP as I can't see them getting more than a handful of seats.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 01-06-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Meh. Won't make much difference, as it seems unlikely we'll have a majority government.

Though it will annoy Das Daily Goosestep, which is always good for a laugh.