BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 96 of 236 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Well considering how much they're trying to keep Greece in the eurozone, Think what we could get to keep a net contributor in the eu...
    I think I'd still prefer our sovereignty though.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what exit features they built in the euro?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

If the dead wood drops out we could do it properly UK, Germany and France in a union or better yet lose France . Germany and the UK together in economic union id vote for that in a referendum 😉
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Sovereignty is overrated to be honest.

At least in my opinion.

Just gives the illusion that I as the spod in the street have any say whatsoever in what goes on. When I don't. At all. I'm nowhere near rich enough for that.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Pushing back towards a trade agreement would be better for all of us. The cultures in the current block are too different to ever reach a meaningful consensus on anything, and thats ignoring the ridiculous levels of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sovereignty is overrated to be honest.

At least in my opinion.

Just gives the illusion that I as the spod in the street have any say whatsoever in what goes on. When I don't. At all. I'm nowhere near rich enough for that.
    Yup. Like signing up to the Geneva conventions saying we won't murder prisoners of war, that's giving up sovereignty but we're fine with it for obvious reasons. 99% of the EU stuff we agreed to already matched our own regulations anyway, or regulations we were moving towards adopting, it being a EU thing just meant they were consistently worded and implemented across the EU.

Greece should never have been let in in the first place, and I think it is inevitable they drop the Euro at some point. The only thing that kept their economy going prior to them joining the EU was the fact they could devalue their currency to attract investment and tourism. The risk is Spain and Italy might follow suit so they can do the same, be more competitive by devaluing currency. Simplifying it a lot of course. Spain and Italy actually have good foundations to their economies, Italy specially whereas Greece doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Pushing back towards a trade agreement would be better for all of us. The cultures in the current block are too different to ever reach a meaningful consensus on anything, and thats ignoring the ridiculous levels of corruption.
    I agree to an extent. A a trade bloc with some political ties it was very effective, the European parliament is a bit of a farce though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It's all just a bit 'half rice, half chips' as things stand.

Either wind it back to a set trade bloc, or go full Federation.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

if they go full federation, will they go exploring space, or will they have to blockade Naboo?

actually, sending the droid army in to Greece might be for the best.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Unfortunately you know they'd be more blockade Naboo

As long as we stick it to the offensive, somewhat racist, utterly needless, Gungans, I'm all for it.

Chapter-Master

Two thirds of those adjectives could be applied to the entire prequel trilogy...