BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 97 of 236 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

And Greece is in arrears.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

surprising no one.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Hmmm, I can't really see Greece staying in the Eurozone now.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Occuli Imperator

I can't believe that Greece owes the cricket board so much money

The UK exposure is minimal, £10Bn, and that is in their banks rather than government debt.

The best for the Euro would be a controlled exit of Greece. It might be a good thing for greece in the long run, but not in the near future. Look at Argentina, they were the last develop(ing/ed) country to go bankfrupt
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Oh dear.

Greece voted 'no'.....

Very good chance they'll be out of the Euro, and quite possibly Europe.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Oh dear.

Greece voted 'no'.....

Very good chance they'll be out of the Euro, and quite possibly Europe.
    I don't fully understand why. Going it alone is hardly a great option when you're destitute.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Frees them up to fix it their way.

Now we get to see if Germany blinks....

Apparently, pundits say there's a 40% chance they'll be out of the Euro.

Chapter-Master

I find it impossible to have sympathy for them. plenty of countries suffer from mis-management etc. and Greece certainly has, but their own citizens have seriously compounded the issue. every strata of society has collectively shot themselves in the foot over the years with their utter indifference to things like regulation, tax, and tackling corruption. now they are bleating on about unfair deals. they got themselves in to this mess, now they want bailing out, but don't want the consequences.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I had a good laugh at a caller on Radio 2 who called Merkel a, "fascist," for demanding the Greek government get their sh*t together and start putting in some effective austerity measures rather than just handing them another bailout. The German people are getting pretty sick of shoring up faltering countries, it seems, and honestly, they've already put in a lot to the EU pot, so who can blame them?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I find it impossible to have sympathy for them. plenty of countries suffer from mis-management etc. and Greece certainly has, but their own citizens have seriously compounded the issue. every strata of society has collectively shot themselves in the foot over the years with their utter indifference to things like regulation, tax, and tackling corruption. now they are bleating on about unfair deals. they got themselves in to this mess, now they want bailing out, but don't want the consequences.
    Yup. If an individual decides not to pay their creditors, or spends so much that they can't, or doesn't earn enough to, there's pretty serious consequences. Same goes for countries.

Take the UK. As much as I feel the Tories are yet again using our financial position to advance their cause over sanity and fairness, the cuts will eventually help balance the books and leave us in a better position overall.