BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

You know what I'd like to see again? Warhammer Quest. That's a pretty self contained release as well. They'd just have to do the character packs, but they could probably be made as Finecast and maybe stuffed into the Warhammer Quest box along with their relevant rules and counters. After all, they were able to stuff an extra bit of material into the Space Hulk box, despite already having a ton of stuff in there to begin with. I'm not a fan of Finecast, but I'd definitely like a second chance to collect the Witch Hunter, Chaos Warrior, and Pit Fighter in some form (That and I'd like to replace the long lost rules for the Imperial Noble, Warrior Priest, and Bretonnian Questing Knight which I still have. It drives me batty to think that I still have those models but somehow lost their rule books, counters, and cards).

Necromunda is another one which I'd really like to see (Mostly because I'd kill to get those terrain pieces again), although it's obviously not as easy a rerelease as Space Hulk was or Warhammer Quest would be, as there's just so much more to the line. It does raise some interesting possibilities for cross-pollination between it and 40k, however.

Take the basic Hive Gangers (Delaque, Cawdor, Escher, Van Saar, Goliath, and Orlocks). Why not make them an option for Imperial Guard armies? Conscripts, for instance, are pretty dull as-is. The Hive Gangers, though, could form the basis of a new and revamped Conscript unit with far more weapon options. Now how neat would that be? A unit pulled up from the cesspools of hive cities armed with whatever weaponry they already own and thrown into battle. It'd certainly be better than just having hordes and hordes of incompetent Cadians with lasguns.

The Enforcers are purposefully modelled after the Adeptus Arbites, so why not make a dual-kit with a few options so they could be made as both Enforcers and Arbitrators, and bring the Arbitrators back onto the 40k battlefield? They could probably be statted up in a Dataslate or Digital Codex akin to the Inquisition or the Officio Assassinorum.

The Spyrers are supposedly using Tau technology, so why not have an option for them to be able to form Gue'vesa units and be part of Tau armies? Either as powerful individual heroes (Maybe something like the Tau Equivalent of the Officio Assassinorum Assassination Squad), or maybe even have each version of Spyrer form his own kind of squad (I.E. 3-10 Yeld, 5-10 Orrus, etc. So they'd be more akin to Human Aspect Warriors fighting in Tau armies).

There's a lot which GW could do to make Necromunda models appealing to 40k users and make them playable in 40k games while still supporting it as a standalone game.

I would love to se a reboot of Warhammer Quest or Epic 40K.

I remember scuttlebutt that GW withdrew Epic on the principle that it was cannibalising 40k sales ...

Warhammer Quest would be an awesome opportunity to bring back a la Space Hulk. Though it may mean putting lists for non-box foes in WD, and the Emperor only knows what GW's latest policy is on that ...

As for bringing back Necromunda, maybe releasing it a little like Dreadfleet, with an all-star group of individuals from various factions, versus something ... a little like the Dirty Dozen, I think ...

That was never true, they said at its peak Epic only ever made up 2% of GW sales.

Warhammer Quest would be ideal as a WFB counterpart to Space Hulk.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    That was never true, they said at its peak Epic only ever made up 2% of GW sales.

Warhammer Quest would be ideal as a WFB counterpart to Space Hulk.
    Sounds about right. I always thought those of us with an unnatural love for Epic were a 'small' portion of the market.

Warhammer Quest does naturally lend itself to an easy one shot game.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hmm... That sounds kind of odd, I remember there used to be a LOT of people playing it, and it got a lot of support in White Dwarf, right up until they opted to over-simplify it, which killed all the interest. It wasn't really that much cheaper, either, at least for most of us. They might have been going with the numbers from "Epic 40K," which still seems a bit low even with as meh as that edition of the game was.

It was mentioned at a Games Day a few years ago, may have come from Jervis Johnson I don't remember.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I think Epic started out strong... Adeptus Titanicus - Space Marine - Space Marine 2nd Edition... then came the design change to Firepower points and blast markers which proved too much of an abstraction.

I do think Adeptus Titanicus could be a one off hit 'if' they kept the classic Epic scale. They could keep the model count around 15 and still cover all of the major 40k 'titan' races. ~3 each for Imperial, Chaos, Eldar, Orks and Tyranids. Add a few heavy card buildings with the nice plastic roofs like Epic 2nd Ed for an Imperial city and off you go. I'd buy 3+ copies myself!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Hmm... That sounds kind of odd, I remember there used to be a LOT of people playing it, and it got a lot of support in White Dwarf, right up until they opted to over-simplify it, which killed all the interest. It wasn't really that much cheaper, either, at least for most of us. They might have been going with the numbers from "Epic 40K," which still seems a bit low even with as meh as that edition of the game was.
    Ah, but then armies were well cheap. Two boxes of infantry, handful of blisters and boof, you've got yourself a decent army. Sadly, lots of players don't necessarily equate to lots of spending

I still want to see it make a comeback all the same.

Or, I'll get that management promotion I'm after in the next 12 months, and then go mental buying up vintageepicfuntoys. Not because I'm a hobby hipster - it's not nostalgia if you were actually there
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast