BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

*Hides new Macharius Vulcan from the torch-bearing mob.*
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    From memory they didn't consult him or ask permission or something. I can understand it, Eldar are his baby and he is always involved with the design process even when he doesn't do the sculpts so having something as big as the Phantom done without his input would be kind of galling.

Apart from the glaive CCW thing, I think they did a good job of it though. I would have preferred to see a titan powerfist over the glaive personally.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I can think of some things: Shoulder-mounted D-scythes. Left-handed ghostglaives to swap out the scattershield for +1A. An axe-shaped ghostglaive (probably with Sunder and Shred to simulate being stronger than S10 without actually being Destroyer) and a bigger force shield (for a straight-up 4++ without Blind). A giant scatter laser. A ghosthelm. Armour plates with pre-moulded runes.

Need I go on?
    As my dear friend Lexington put it, "Dude, FW Can't hear your complaints over the sound of piles of cash being dropped in through their office vents due to Heresy and all these knights."

I didn't wait for FW. I got fed up with the lack of 2 CCW's so I made my own.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

That's cool. Where'd you get them blades from?

And really liking the paint job on the noggin in particular!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Very, very pretty, Defenstratus.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Krefey View Post
    Apart from the glaive CCW thing, I think they did a good job of it though. I would have preferred to see a titan powerfist over the glaive personally.
    I actually like the glaive. See above :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    That's cool. Where'd you get them blades from?

And really liking the paint job on the noggin in particular!
    Thank You!

I've got like... 6 wraithknights (only three assembled) so I have a couple kits to choose from.

The faceplate is tres simple to paint.... just start drybrushing the darkest red on black in the areas you want to build up, and when you get enough coverage you move to the next color.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Looks great! The gemstones turned out very nice and the double ccw looks nasty!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Sweet!

Right, as I'm off to Warhammerfest in but...erm....9ish days, I shall gatecrash/gain legitimate entry to Forgeworld seminars, and interrogate them about Wraithknight conversion bits.

What I want?

1. Warlock version. You get Warlock Titans, why not Warlock Wraithknights?
    2. That horesy one wot's name escapes me at the moment.
    3. Going completely and utterly daft - Aspect type upgrades, like a mahoosive Bumshee Mask or Scorpion dakkajaws and that. I did say it was daft!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Very, very pretty, Defenstratus.
    Danke.

Don't wanna hijack the thread with my crap but here's the family so far (with piles of jetbikes that I need to paint). Still need to ardcoat the first one I painted and also the WSeer

[url]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zn6lG2DllSs/VC1b06U9LuI/AAAAAAAAxpw/LpgBiB0c3S8/w1538-h865-no/20141002_090605.jpg[/url]

The pose for "double blade" is based off of a warp spider exarch picture that I've always been somewhat fond of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sweet!

Right, as I'm off to Warhammerfest in but...erm....9ish days, I shall gatecrash/gain legitimate entry to Forgeworld seminars, and interrogate them about Wraithknight conversion bits.

What I want?

1. Warlock version. You get Warlock Titans, why not Warlock Wraithknights?
    2. That horesy one wot's name escapes me at the moment.
    3. Going completely and utterly daft - Aspect type upgrades, like a mahoosive Bumshee Mask or Scorpion dakkajaws and that. I did say it was daft!
    Setting aside all the disagreements I've had with you in the past, if you did this, I'd buy you a pint.

#2: Bright stallion (which can be done with two WK kits)

The magic of BoLs - disagreements to tend stay in the one thread

Will defo be asking as I really like my big kits. I think they look spectacular on the battlefield, and I really, really enjoy smashing them in game, so the moar the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast