BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Imperial Armour Volume 13: War Machines of the Lost and the Damned

via Warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?392325-Imperial-Armour-Volume-13-War-Machines-of-the-Lost-and-the-Damned"]Pushkin[/URL] 2-4-2014

IA13 is called War Machines of the Lost and the Damned. It is written by Andy Hoare and edited by Talima Fox.

It will be released in Summer/Autumn 2014.

The book will contain an updated Chaos Renegades list similar to the one found in the Vraks trilogy, along with numerous chaos vehicles/war machines including updated versions of the Horus Heresy vehicles for the traitors to use in regular games of 40k. It's unclear whether this will be a variant of the 'Defenders of Vraks' list in IA1, the servants of slaughter list in IA6 or the servants of decay list in IA7. I imagine it will be a reworked version of all three. (i.e. quite chaosy but without the campaign specific units like the Alpha Legion). Talima described the list as being the renegade version of what the list in IA12 was for the Death Korps of Krieg - make of that what you will!

The art book was on display at the open day and had pictures of a Chaos Thunderhawk, Chaos Stormeagle and the Anvilluss pattern and Kharybdis assault claw.
    Speaking to Andy Hoare he mentioned the rules for the Horus heresy era war machines would be updated to reflect the ten thousands years that they had spent in the warp and the access to munitions that the chaos legions had. He gave two examples, the first being the missile load out on the Storm Eagle, instead of the tempest rockets load out it will have access to Balefire missiles.

The second example was the class M2KB Landraider. Instead of the explorator augatory web which is designed for scanning enemy positions and co-ordinating forces, however due to the corruption of the warp this is now used to intercept enemy positions and thwart their movements. It will be interesting to see the rules for this.The greater brass scorpion of Khorne and the decimator engine also had new renders on screen in the graphics part, which suggests that updated rules for these models.

It's also worth noting that HH3: Extermination contains references to Iron Warrior specific siege tanks used during the battle of Paramar and the dark mechanicum using stalk tank like units to hunt the raven guard survivors on Istavaan, so it will be interesting to see whether these units crop up in either future HH books or IA13.
    I am speaking to my friend who was also chatting to lots of the designers about this and many other things, so ill ask him if i've missed anything!
    via warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?392325-Imperial-Armour-Volume-13-War-Machines-of-the-Lost-and-the-Damned&p=7276224&viewfull=1#post7276224"]Rolsheen[/URL] 9-22-2014

Just received an email from Forgeworld answering a query I had about updated rules for the 4 Daemon Lords, they said that they are currently right in the middle of a 7th edition rules update and the upcoming IA13 would be out soon with the new rules for them

via Forgeworld 9-28-2014
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLI409T6_12T451A35B.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	11323
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-29-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Here it is in all its glory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	11379

I expect to have this in my grubby mitts in a mere 10 days time, when I go to Warhammerfest.

Will endeavour to do a Q&A type review of it at the time!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Anyone going to warhammerfest that would be willing to buy me a copy I will be most appreciative
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Also not going to Warhammerfest

Hopefully it won't take long before this book is available on the site, it looks amazing