BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Question about the Dominate power and Fearless rule

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering what others thought about this. I recently played a Game against a Ork player with my Eldar. In the first turn I casted Dominate on a squad of Bikers and told the player that they must now pass a leadership check to move, shoot, charge, and fire over watch. I then went and cast terrify to reduce their leadership by 1 (I didn't care about the treat enemies as having fear I just wanted to lower the LD of the Bikers) as well as horrify to reduce their leadership again by 3 to improve the chances of this squad not being able to do anything to me. The Ork Player then says that everything I did was pointless cause his Bikers are Fearless.

Later I casted the power on a group of boyz and after failing the Leadership test to move he did his Ork rule about taking damage when failing a moral check.

This threw me off, and the wheels in my head started turning that I may have been cheated out of protecting my units from the Bikers before. Now after the game I re-checked the Rules, and it says Fearless means you automatically pass Pinning, Fear, Regroup test, and Moral checks. Checking the Dominate spell it only says the unit takes a Leadership check it doesn't classify it as either a Fear, Regroup, Pinning, or Moral Check.

Am I wrong in thinking that the Bikers should have taken the Leadership test, and the Ork Boyz should not have done their "tale damage for failing a Moral check" rule?

You got cheated or the opponent didn´t know the rules. If Fearless cancelled that power, then it would read in the powers description like "Does not affect Fearless creatures or Marines with ATSKNF" IMHO...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    You got cheated or the opponent didn´t know the rules. If Fearless cancelled that power, then it would read in the powers description like "Does not affect Fearless creatures or Marines with ATSKNF" IMHO...
    Agreed.

Now, how did his Bikers have Fearless? They don't come with it natively, and it's hard to find in their codex now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Agreed.

Now, how did his Bikers have Fearless? They don't come with it natively, and it's hard to find in their codex now.
    There was a Warboss in the Squad

Bosses ain't Fearless, they's just really big.

Mob Rule don't work on regular Leadership checks either.

Chaplain

Yeah, he got that rule about as wrong as he could.