BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grukks Rippin Krew tellyport attack and other IC's

From the stormklaw orks.

Quick question, If I take the rippin krew, along with another detachment, can the IC from the detachment join into the rippin krew's units and deep strike with the krew?

"if all the units in this formation...."
    when a IC joins a unit, he becomes a member of the unit for all rules purposes.

Basically I want to slip a painboy and another warboss into the skull nobz and deep strike them in.

Thank you for any feedback and rules to support or invalidate what I believe is a legal thing to do.

Librarian

I think the IC's can join the unit, however the IC's must have the ability to deep strike as the unit does for that to work the way you want it to. If the IC's do not, then the IC's, that can't deep strike, can't be put with the unit while the unit is in reserves for deep striking. The whole unit would have to walk on from the board edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Urtyfang View Post
    when a IC joins a unit, he becomes a member of the unit for all rules purposes.
    Not all rules. Hell, not even most rules. A rule must specify that this happens, such as Stubborn and Fearless. Otherwise, as per the "Special Rules" paragraph of the Independent Character special rule, the rules of the unit are not conferred upon the character and vice versa.

Deep Strike even specially mentions that all models in the unit must have Deep Strike in order to arrive by Deep Strike.

The only Independent Character who can Deep Strike with the Rippin' Krew is Grukk himself, unless your other Detachment is a Great Waaagh! Detachment and you're lucky enough to roll a 6 for that specific character's Tellyporta Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Not all rules. Hell, not even most rules. A rule must specify that this happens, such as Stubborn and Fearless. Otherwise, as per the "Special Rules" paragraph of the Independent Character special rule, the rules of the unit are not conferred upon the character and vice versa.

Deep Strike even specially mentions that all models in the unit must have Deep Strike in order to arrive by Deep Strike.

The only Independent Character who can Deep Strike with the Rippin' Krew is Grukk himself, unless your other Detachment is a Great Waaagh! Detachment and you're lucky enough to roll a 6 for that specific character's Tellyporta Strike.
    What about Zagstrukk - he has DS rule?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Oh, yeah, I forgot he's Independent now.