BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Eldar knight titan??

Anyone try and convert an imperial knight to dark eldar?? I've been pondering this and images of a super-oversize talos come to mind, or a flesh monster augmented with plates, tubes, mask, spikes, and other dark eldarish bits. Maybe with a haemy at a control station bolted into it's back. Only problem is making it big enough. There isn't a lot out there monster wise that's 7 inches tall... I've looked at reaper boxed sets, the WFB monsters, mierce miniatures, etc. Any ideas on what I've over looked something for the base model?? Thanks!

I'd probably try starting with an Eldar Wraithknight; it's got the Eldar look already, and is comparable in size and basing.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

You could use the torso of the imperial knight and talosisfy it - have it floating on tentactles not walking on legs, and so on.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    You could use the torso of the imperial knight and talosisfy it - have it floating on tentactles not walking on legs, and so on
    This would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    You could use the torso of the imperial knight and talosisfy it - have it floating on tentactles not walking on legs, and so on.
    That would give the bulk for sure.... I could probably make it DE enough. Interesting...

Yes. Yes I have.

I got quite into this, then ran out of steam a little. Still need to do detailing, weathering, and finish the base, but you get the idea. The core idea behind it is that the Eldar allies to my Dark Eldar are a coven of necromancers, obsessed with the worship of Ynnitach. It fits nicely with my mostly Cenobite-themed Haemonculus army. The freehand on the robe is obviously based on the Lament Configuration from 'Hellraiser'.

WiP pics are here:
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42205-Dark-Eldar-Wraithknight[/url]

If you're looking for large-scale Haemoculus-style monsters, you could always see if you could pick up some of the old MacFarlane toys 'Tortured Souls' figures. They tend to go on eBay for pennies.

They were about 6" tall, but there were some 12" models made. Obviously, they'll need conversion, but you could easily use them as supplementary bits.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 10-04-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO