BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

I actually think I preferred Blood Sisters to Wings of the Master. Only slightly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

You wrong.

And if you disagree, you even wronger

Wings of the Master was just about perfect for me. Decent bit of character development for Hera, truly thrilling sequences, and of course the B-Wing.

Blood Sisters? Just didn't gel as well with me. Perhaps it's Sabine being previously underdeveloped.

I shall do the decent thing and give it another watch.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Blood Sisters had Chopper photobombing a holocall which was adawble. Wigns of the Master was great but the ending annoyed me because the thing that won the day wasn't her flying skills but a big fecking cannon built by someone else and fired by Sabine.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Blood Sisters had Chopper photobombing a holocall which was adawble. Wigns of the Master was great but the ending annoyed me because the thing that won the day wasn't her flying skills but a big fecking cannon built by someone else and fired by Sabine.
    The ending does kind of annoy me... They somehow flew the rest of their fleet past the Empire blockade without harassment? The Empire isn't going to turn the rest of those guns on the people they delivered supplies to, who've now marked themselves as Rebels? Where the heck did the B-Wing get that weapon from, and why didn't they use it on later B-Wings? If it's powerful enough to fry the hyperdrive, wouldn't it do other damage if the hyperdrive was gone, or is there something about the wiring that says once the hyperdrive's shot you can keep firing with no problem? CAN you keep firing with no problem?

I might be putting too much thought into it...

New Rebels episode has aired on Disney XD, it was very good. New Rebels Recon as well:

Spoilers for latest episode obviously. Next episode preview looks excellent also.

I enjoyed the one about the Interdictor.

I'm really impressed at how they're escalating things. First season was just a disparate group of bandits doing what they could to be a thorn in the Empire's side, but the second season we're seeing the Rebellion really gathering speed.

Very glad they've already commissioned a third season!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It was a very good episode also.

Me too, though I'm rather hoping we see the team split off from the Rebel cell because of the Empire. I think it would enhance the menace of the Empire again if after forging all these links and making friends and contacts they were cut off from them and forced to survive on their own for a while with the Empire breathing down their necks the whole time. Not necessarily as a permanent thing, but it would be nifty.

Oh right I meant to mention that, yup its been renewed for a third season and contrary to what some haters like to pretend it was extremely successful, being Disney's second most successful show with a regular audience of 48m worldwide just through Disney XD and Disney Channel I think.

I think I'd prefer to see the group splinter a bit.

Hera is seemingly on board with the greater good thing, but I'd like to see Kanan want to take Ezra off for more Jedi study stuff - give us a bit of internal friction.

Now, how much we'll get in what is fundamentally a kids show is anyone's guess - but that didn't stop Clone Wars getting really rather dark at times.

You could have both, Empire strikes back (Eh? Eh?) and the team gets split up, Kanan and Ezra decide to investigate some Jedi stuff, the others get separated from the fleet and try to do Rebellious things anyway.

That could be fun.

Most importantly, I'm enthusiastic that they're not binding themselves to the old canon.

For instance, A-Wing and B-Wings, pre-Yavin? Not in the old EU.....

What I'm liking most is that the Empire's oppression is very much it's downfall. If they weren't goose stepping bully boys, chances are the Rebellion would have found far less fertile ground. It's fine to have a powerful military - perhaps even desirable, But when you feel the need to thrust it in people's faces all the time to remind them just how totes in charge you are, it becomes tedious.

Imagine if Quarrie didn't disagree with The Empire - no B-Wing for the Rebellion....

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast