BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Blizzard Scout 1 commanded by Lieutenant Arnet who later died on Endor, lern2StarWars.

(I had the SWCCG cards of him and his ATST when I was ickle)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm currently blitzing through Clone Wars and thoroughly enjoying it, so I'll check this out when I'm done with that. In the interim, I have three questions:

1) Is it as good as or better than Clone Wars?

2) Is there any mention at all of Ahsoka Tano's fate yet?

3) Please for the love of God tell me Cad Bane is in it.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

1) So far it's startin better than Clone Wars started, but Clone Wars got really great. It's certainly not at the level TCW finished at but it's relly good and the last episode in particular was really good.
    2) Nope
    3) Not yet but it's only up to it's forth episode.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Star Wars Rebs feels more light hearted than TCW but then again it only just started. I hope we get more mature stuff like underworld etc. Those episodes were my favorite in TCW.

The latest episode is not so light hearted, really creepy and morbid at one point, not to the level TCW got to towards the end but certainly balancing the very light hearted peisode before it.

Yeah, I'm coming up for midway through Season 5 of TCW and it's getting pretty dark at times. However, I love the portrayal of the Clone Troopers - they remind me of my beloved Guardsmen - and Anakin's steady descent is so much better done.

Plus with side-antagonists like Hondo and Cad Bane, the series is damn entertaining!

I watched Episodes I-II with my mother, then Clone Wars, then Episode III and she blubbed during Order 66, it really does make Anakins fall and the whole thing much more tragic and terrible. Also did it with aunts and ickle cousins with similar effect.

Hondo, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Bo Katan Kryze, hell even Sy Snootles being badass femme fatale and murderer, TCW had a lot of fantastic antagonists. Oh and Asajj Ventres of course who is totes the best. Also voice by the same actress who does Sy Snootles which is a big wtf.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-23-2014 at 05:07 AM.

How could I forget Assaj? Love her vengeance storyline, she's bad*ss.

Order 66 would be a lot sadder at the end of Clone Wars where, y'know, the people dying actually have characters, names and personalities you like. I like Luminara, even if she is the epitome of the cold Jedi style.

Anakin's downfall is so tragic in this because it shows how he just gets attached way too easily and lashes out when people he cares about are threatened. I like the parts where you start to see how realistic it is that he could become so embittered with the world to become Darth Vader.

I could write forever on things I love about that show. I'll check Rebels out once I've finished with TCW, it should be a few more episodes in by that point.

If you like Luminara you will love the Rebels episode Rise of the Old Masters.

Asajj is the best, and she also got the whole 'evil character becomes somewhat redeemed anti-hero' story arc which almost ALWAYS goes to a male character.

Yep Order 66 is so much sadder after watching TCW, especially for someone who hadn't seen the films before (like my mother and aunts and some of the ickle ones). Almost sways me from my loyalty to the Empire. Only almost.

Asajj is a stand out character, and she reminds me of Skin out of Skunk Anansie

I hope we see more of her and Ahsoka. Can't say more about why because of TCW spoilers, but I'm sure EG knows!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast