BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Advantage of the Skywalker lineage and her position I'd say.

Plus it's funny that she got her stuff together at an age when Luke was still a doofus.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

She seems to be represented as older than her age, which is interesting. I suppose to cement her credibility as a commander. Hopefully we get to see her demonstrate some Tactical Genius!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Yup Ezra is 2-3 days older than her, being born on Empire day when Padme was on Coruscant, thwn you had the whole Mustafar unpleasantness an she popped some sprogs and popped her clogs a few days later. It's super nifty because we get so many stories of boys that age being given that sort of responsibility in leadership but never girls.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup Ezra is 2-3 days older than her, being born on Empire day when Padme was on Coruscant, thwn you had the whole Mustafar unpleasantness an she popped some sprogs and popped her clogs a few days later. It's super nifty because we get so many stories of boys that age being given that sort of responsibility in leadership but never girls.
    That's true, to be fair. I was thinking it's a bit young to really be handed that power, but it's a fantasy afforded to male characters a lot, so hey, why not a female character?

Actually yeah, I think there's enough 15 year old male heroes and commanders to populate their own planet in fiction. Ender's Game, Harry Potter, Nathaniel from the Bartimaeus Trilogy, etc, etc.

Superexcite for this.

And indeed telly as a whole. Tangent I know, but with SHIELD, Agent Carter, X-Files, Walking Dead, Rebels, Game of Thrones and Gotham all back or soon to be back, I'm totes gonna have square eyes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Leia and Luke were, I believe, meant to be 18 at the time of ANH. Luke was raised as a farm boy and purposely kept in the dark about a lot of things in the galaxy (which might explain why he simultaneously wants to go train at the Imperial Academy to fly for the Empire, and is excited about tales of the Rebellion killing Empire pilots like he aspires to be). Leia was raised by a guy who was in the thick of it, and probably saw fit to actually teach his (adopted) daughter about how things were and how to be a leader. Though if she didn't have the mind or personality to be a leader, those lessons would have been for nothing, so I'm not suggesting Bail should get all the credit.

Also, not sure I'd say anything positive with Ender... He was the "hero" in that story because he was the one most likely to smash in someone's face hard, a kid who could kill someone in order to stop harassment. Aside from the varied genders in the group trained with him, his sister was also a big deal in the book (sad that they left that out of the movie), coming up with a plan to affect politics behind the scenes and even being able to manipulate and control their psychotic brother in order to get his help. Ender was the more efficient killer, but his sister was the one who understood people better and could lead public opinion (albeit with a false face). The more I think of it, the more it sucks that they left out that part of the story, but I guess it wouldn't have been easy to fit it all into a two hour movie.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

yeah pretty amazing

All the excites!

Spoilers:
    Darth Maul confirmed as returning this season, I am excite! He's the Old Master in that trailer. Now we just need Asajj!
    More Vader and it looks like we get that Ahsoka vs Vader confrontation I've been looking forward to...but Filoni and Ashley Eckstein have already suggested how that's likely to end...

Let's hope our girl goes down swinging!

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast