BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

See, I think the fact they are hinting how its going to end is the biggest indication its not going to end that way lol, because Filoni is just a sneaky git hehe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

We know Vader comes out unscathed, but we can cross our fingers on how the other combatant fares.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Meh, plenty of ways fights can end without someone dying.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The biggest problem with characters like Ahsoka and even Ezra and Kanana is that we know that, according to the original trilogy, all of the Jedi were killed except Obi-Wan and Yoda. If others survived, it lessons the impact of those being the last of the Jedi and dying in the process of training Luke, who's meant to resurrect the Jedi. It also leaves the question of where the others have been all this time. But if they die, like they have to, it sucks, because we like those characters and grew attached to them over time.

It's possible that some of them survive in the background, but then what? Do they just fade into obscurity? Will there be some way they show up again in the lore between RotJ and TFA? If so, do they try to help Luke with his academy? (And if they did, well, that's not going to turn out well for them, either, as it sounds like that ended poorly for everyone except Luke.)

But hey, they're already playing fast and loose with the "Rule of Two." People can claim the Inquisitors aren't really Sith, nor are the guys being trained in the Vader comic, but they're close enough. (It was a stupid rule anyway, especially if you want to run an empire like the original Sith intended.)

Librarian

I have wondered about this too, wether perhaps its possible some of the older jedi/their offspring have been hidden away so well that they arent even sure if they themselves can be found

I may need to go watch them again (hard life, eh?), but I'm not sure it's ever explicitly stated Obi Wan and Yoda were the only survivors by A New Hope?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

To be fair, from their point of view, they were the last. I don't know if Yoda was even aware of Obi-Wan's existence until he became one with the Force. The Jedi who survived did so by hiding themselves very thoroughly from the Empire and their Sith agents, it stands to reason they'd be hidden from the other Jedi as well.

Also it's very limiting in a narrative sense to pull the, "last of their kind," card. It also never lasts, like in Dr Who, Halo, or anything else, really.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Certain Point Of View....

Yoda and Obi-Wan were Jedi Masters.

So it could legitimately be said they were the last of their kind, without ruling out Jedi Knight survivors.

Plus, Kanan never progressed beyond Padawan, and Ahsoka did leave the order...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    To be fair, from their point of view, they were the last. I don't know if Yoda was even aware of Obi-Wan's existence until he became one with the Force. The Jedi who survived did so by hiding themselves very thoroughly from the Empire and their Sith agents, it stands to reason they'd be hidden from the other Jedi as well.

Also it's very limiting in a narrative sense to pull the, "last of their kind," card. It also never lasts, like in Dr Who, Halo, or anything else, really.
    Yup, this is what people forget when they take what Yoda and Obi Wan were saying too literally. Especially when in context they were talking about the last chance to take out Vader, and they believed the only person who had a chance was another Skywalker. In order to know with certainty that they were the last left they would have to know the locations and situations of all 10,000 Jedi during and after Order 66, which would be impossible. We do know Yoda knew about Kanan and Ezra, but it doesn't necessarily follow he was completely up to date on what they were doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post

They were aware that each had survived, as they had met up on Tantive IV before separating the twins. Knowing if they were both still around 20 years later? That would have been questionable. Yoda was on a blacked-out world with no communication capability that we know of. Obi-wan was a hermit who probably only heard some stories that peripherally made it out as far as the Lars farm. Ben probably heard of the purges and both probably felt them, though Yoda may have not as what may have hid him may have prevented feeling the other Jedi die.

Still, Ben was a ghost for 5 years so would have had plenty of time to talk to Yoda about this.

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast