BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Most Jedi were being hunted for being Jedi. Obi-Wan and Yoda were being hunting specifically, as two known Jedi survivors that were powerful enough to be a direct threat to Vadar and Sideous's persons. They had to hide a lot deeper than the other survivors were.

Also I can't remember if this was explicitly mentioned in the movie or if it was a deleted scene, but they sneak into the Jedi temple because there is a beacon there transmitting a "the war is over, come home!" signal to all Jedi in order to lure in any survivors that thought it was just their clone troopers betraying them, or who happened to be separated from the clone troopers at the time. Yoda and Obi-Wan flip the beacon so it's transmitting "run away and hide!" and presumably any survivors that heard it would have done so. Kind of makes it hard to link up and coordinate though.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Also it's very limiting in a narrative sense to pull the, "last of their kind," card. It also never lasts, like in Dr Who, Halo, or anything else, really.
    Doctor Who tried to kill off two important species. Star Wars just killed off a religious order of warrior-monks. Doesn't mean it couldn't be re-created, much easier than bringing back dead species (if you're not playing with time technology). Doesn't hurt the narrative for the Jedi to have been wiped out, because when you need them again, you can create them again with all the Force-sensitive people who are being born all over the galaxy. It seems like by the time the EU got to the "New Jedi Order" series, it was like they hadn't been wiped out at all.

Saturday 9 am, yo.

Got it programmed into my Sky+ already.

ALL THE EXCITES. And I'll be bingeing what's come before on Friday.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Want.

Spoilers for latest episode:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the voice actress for Lil' Leia did a fantastic job in my opinion, really did sound like a 15 year old Carrie Fisher. Not quite as grumpy as ANH Leia but fair enough.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yeah, but ANH Leia did have two bumbling fools, a Wookiee and an asploded home planet and oodles of dead relatives to work with
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup exactly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Enjoyed it, but would have been 10,000% better if they'd have Maketh Tua instead of Governor Beardy #foreversalty

Totes.

Banned

Could have had it 99% the same, practically kept dialogue even, just have her have been captured by Agent Kallus and sent to prison & met the Bridgers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yeah, but ANH Leia did have two bumbling fools, a Wookiee and an asploded home planet and oodles of dead relatives to work with
    Plus she got tortured before they blew up her planet, too.

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast