BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    True enough - but I always saw active use, such as mind tricks etc being taught, as compared to passive use, like being an Ace Pilot etc.

If memory serves, Rey is the first such case we've seen of just picking it up as and when she needs it.
    Keep in mind that at one point, someone had to have used it instinctively in order for them to even consider using it actively. Someone got mad and said, "DO WHAT I SAY!", and the person did it, which lead to doing it without being so angry, and so on.

People do things like this all the time. Some are just talented and can perform actions instinctively, but get better as they work on how to bring it out at will.

It's probably similar to Harry Potter, in a way. Wizards/Witches have innate magical ability that manifests every now and then. The wand is just an antennae to focus their powers, and the training is to get more controlled, nuanced ability.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

New episode, which was good, new Rebels Recon which is also good, as always don't watch until you've seen the latest episode The Forgotten Droid:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'll try and watch it tonight. Any good?

I thought so, but then I'd happily havm ore Chopper centric episodes than Kanan and Ezra centric episodes so...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Definitely one of my favourite episodes (would have been better with Maketh Tua in it tho )

Totes. Chopper is just such a sassy, violent ickle blighter I love him.

Chopper is a violent little tea leaf, and totes brill for it!

Loving this episode so far

Spesh as the Imperial Droid sounds like the dearly departed Alan Rickman

Wonder if we might see Droids play a greater part in the rebellion, given the events of this episode.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 03-19-2016 at 05:47 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I really, really love the buildup to this confrontation, and I love that I'm genuinely unsure how they'll go about it, or even how I want it to go. I'm averse to them just killing her off for shock, but she'd have to lay hella low after whatever escape she makes to avoid him again.

I also loved how much AP-5 reminded me of the late Alan Rickman. I had to look it up, just to be sure.

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast