BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Disappointed with this week's episode.

Fetch the Clone, no problem. You look out for your mates.

But no effort made to see if the pilot was still kicking.

Just felt a lot like a filler episode - as if a script just hadn't come together as hoped, and so was replaced at the last minute.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup, quite a bit of grumpiness about that. If she is dead it means we've had 3 female pilots introduced and all three killed in their first episode, after usually only seconds of screentime.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Unlucky Triplets?

You know what I want to see?

Hondo. Hondo Ohnaka. Hondo Ohnaka in love with a dashing female rogue - one who consistently gets one over on him. Strikes me the old boy would be happy as a pig in the proverbial. Perhaps Channel a bit of Gomez and Morticia - I see definite shades of Gomez in Hondo.

Plus, if the hypothetical She is a rebel type rogue, we get to see more Hondo.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'll name that spod in one!

Really looking forward to the end of this season. So much setup, it better pay off!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

They better not kill off Ahsoka (or Seventh sister) the show hasn't built up the kind of supporting cast it needs to get way with something like that.

I think the 'Old Master' may be a wildcard in that fight now. I reckon he might be the deus ex machina that allows Ahsoka to make her escape if/when things turn against her. I dunno though, wouldn't make much sense to reintroduce a long-running character just for them to die off in the same episode. However, throwing away Ahsoka would be a disappointment, too. We haven't really learned much about her unique path in the Force, which seems to be a true neutrality.

The Seventh Sister is easily the smartest and most cunning of the two Inquisitors, and she'd definitely throw the Fifth Brother to the wolves to make her escape, so here's hoping!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I'm hoping we'll see some kind of 'grey jedi' group start to form.

I mean you've got Ahsoka, a fallen Jedi, Kanan, who never made it beyond Padawan due to Order 66, Certain Bloke In A Cloak up above, and Ezra - who is being trained by Kanan...

It'd be very cool, and as yet untrodden ground.

True, but on the other hand he has been reintroduced twice already, it would be interesting to see Maul's arc end with him giving up his life to foil Vader and Palpatine's attempt to kill Ahsoka out of spite than to see ahsoka die just to reinforce how bad Vader is which we already know. Seventh sister in that sense is more expendable, but with an 8 to 1 gender ratio in this show it would be really disastrous if they kill either one off. It would mean 3-4 of the 5 female characters to appear in more than one episode are dead. vs 40 odd male characters.

TCW was constrained by Revenge of the Sith in the sense that htey couldn't just kill off Asajj or Dooku but they still managed to give us a diverse range of recurring characters which enriched the show, Rebels has not done so and it needs too. Killing off the Inquisitor after one season was ok, killing Seventh Siter (and Ahsoka) at this point would not be. After 36 episodes (equivalent to seasons one and two of Rebels) of TCW we had characters like Asajj, Grievous, Dooku, Cad Bane, Hondo, Aurra Sing etc. and heaps of named clones to get attached to. Rebels has given us, outside the crew, virtually no recurring characters worthy of note. The Inquisitor, who is dead, Kallus, who is incompetent, Zare Leonis and Seventh sister are almost there but largely undeveloped etc.

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast