BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldar- Post-Baron Jetbike seer star?

I have been wanting to do the jetbike star list for a while now, but since they took out baron from the DE dex it seems the star list is lacking in fancy saves and things. However; I have put together a list that might be a viable jetstar list-

+++ MGA Seer Star (1850pts) +++

++ Eldar: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Warlocks
    ····Warlock [Eldar Jetbike, Singing spear]
    ····Warlock [Eldar Jetbike, Singing spear]
    ····Warlock [Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade]

+ HQ +

Farseer [Eldar Jetbike, Runes of witnessing, Singing spear, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan]

Farseer [Eldar Jetbike, Singing spear]

+ Elites +

Fire Dragons [4x Fire Dragon]
    ····Fire Dragon Exarch [Fast Shot, Firepike]

+ Troops +

Dire Avengers [5x Dire Avenger]
    ····Wave Serpent [Holo-fields, Twin-linked scatter lasers, Twin-linked shuriken catapults]

Dire Avengers [5x Dire Avenger]
    ····Wave Serpent [Holo-fields, Twin-linked scatter lasers, Twin-linked shuriken catapults]

+ Heavy Support +

Wraithknight [Two Heavy Wraithcannons]

Wraithknight [Scatter laser, Suncannon and Scattershield]

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Archon [Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Splinter Pistol, Webway portal]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [5x Kabalite Warrior]

This is my modern take on the jetstar list, basically the archon will start with the bikes giving them deep-strike without scatter, drop in, psychic kill, shoot kill, assault moves to spread out, obviously not too far because of the archon but prot against templates

If you don´t get the First Blood with that Alpha-strike move, you´ll be giving one in the opponents turn...that Archon is gonna drop like a fly (no Shadowfield and if you look out Sir, it´s going to kill a Warlock anyways...) and if you don´t get the Shard of Anaris to the Farseer on Bike, you´ll probably run like a little girl after something horrendous eats half of the bikes...i roll ALWAYS with the Shard now-a-dayz and it has been GOOD on a Bike-unit! Nice idea though, get the Shard, 40p and it´s better
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

The main Problem is not the lack of Baron but the unreliable PSI power activation.

This breaks your neck:

No unit can attempt to manifest the same psychic power more than once per Psychic phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    If you don´t get the First Blood with that Alpha-strike move, you´ll be giving one in the opponents turn...that Archon is gonna drop like a fly (no Shadowfield and if you look out Sir, it´s going to kill a Warlock anyways...) and if you don´t get the Shard of Anaris to the Farseer on Bike, you´ll probably run like a little girl after something horrendous eats half of the bikes...i roll ALWAYS with the Shard now-a-dayz and it has been GOOD on a Bike-unit! Nice idea though, get the Shard, 40p and it´s better
    yea alpha with the serpents, and the jetstar is no- scatter deep striking turn two hopefully,i played today against a couple friends of mine, one was CD and other was Tau+FW Taw and it actually did really well, i actually rolled inv, got that off every turn, the wraithknights did their job amazingly, bikes dropped turn 2, psychic killed, then shoot killed

Occuli Imperator

Congrats Charon on post 1,000
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

that isnt really a problem for me, he main casters are the farseers, with PS and Inv, fortune, guide, doom the warlocks are psychic dice and shots, and it works out pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by achikin View Post
    that isnt really a problem for me, he main casters are the farseers, with PS and Inv, fortune, guide, doom the warlocks are psychic dice and shots, and it works out pretty well
    You want the +1 on your save, you want shrouded, you probably also want a WS and I boost. If you fail your roll for shrowded, its gone. No matter how many warlocks could attempt it.
    Even worse, you can only use ONE fortune/guide/doom.

Farseer 1 rolls all from the Eldar codex, Farseer 2 from Telepathy = Maximized usage...of course, if you roll like me (Death Mission, Eldritch Storm, Executioner, Guide = last game...) it´s terrible...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Why are you teleporting your jetbikes in and walking the fire dragons? They can get where they need to be without the wwp. WWP in the fire dragons. Not my style, but to each their own.

1 WL less, no WWP on the Archon and you could bring the dragons + Archon with Blaster in on a Raider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast