Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
What's wrong with having a single ability be good against terminators? And why take the signature special rule of the eldar (battle focus) away from the eldar? Do you likewise take away ATSKNF away from marines? And how is having AP 2 good against other eldar when not a single thing in the eldar army has a 2+ save (other than perhaps some special characters no one uses)?

And again, let me point out that eldar are not dominating the tournament scene, so the need for any kind of balance adjustments is dubious at best.
appreciate the discussion - but it is on a thread entitled - 'please nerf the eldar".

and since 'battle focus' was only 'invented in 2014 - and i have played eldar since they were tiny metal space elves - its hardly valid to claim it as a 'signature ability'.

equally the new 'bladestorm' rule replaced an alternative rule of the same name but vastly less impact.

there are two essential sides to the 'nerf eldar debate' - and for 'formal competition' the current rules will obviously apply; but for 'friendly games' there is no reason why players shouldnt investigate ways of reducing the effectiveness of certain eldar units or rules. i am merely sharing suggestions that we have used that havent in any way unbalanced our games.

another poster made the point that an army with a seer council, three wraithknights and a few wave serpents is virtually unstoppable; but surely no one brings that combo to a pick up or friendly game without telling the opponent first ?