BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Chaplain

I'd match my wave serpent against Typhon. Of course it would be armed with bright lances Crystal Targeting Matrix and a squad of Fire Dragons. By no means a guaranteed kill but over two or three turns I am sure both sides would be having a solid go. The Matrix allows a single weapon to fire at normal BS after moving flat out. What is the points cost of Typhon by the way?

Sorry, I was having a blond moment just. This reply was to Denzark's post back on page 3, for some reason it escaped my attention there were 4 more pages of posts.
    Last edited by Da Gargoyle; 12-27-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Chaplain

Hi Nite, I agree with the other lads. AM have a heap of stuff to deal with Eldar. My son always fields Hydras against me, if it is a big points game two squadrons of two. They ignore cover and pump out a stack of S7 shots which can whittle away the HP on the skimmers.

Put a single platoon of 3 squads with flamers behind your tanks, warp spiders wont look so hot then. Either heavy weapons batteries or Vets against the wraith lords or knights, but snipers is actually a good idea, especially the vindicare which I believe rends at a ridiculously low score. And if you zoom instead of hover the Vendetta or Valkyrie becomes more difficult to hit as Eldar have limited dedicated anti air. And what they do have costs lots of points. As I recall only walkers and reapers have flak missiles.

These are ideas for starters. You might also want to roll the scores you need on your dice throws, Khain knows I wish I did.

What size points games do you play?

Hi Da Gargoyle, thanks for answering!

Most of the time we're playing around 1850 pts. battles.

Hydras would be an awesome counterunit against Eldar, unforunately they only have skyfire not ignores cover. In the previous version of the codex they could ignore the jink rule of skimmers, but now they're just anti-aircraft.

As for Vendettas - Most of the time wave serpents are shooting at them because after jinking they're firing snapshots and hitting on 6's anyway. With the scatterlaser re-rolls, and sheer amount of S7 shield shots they can be devastating.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678