BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deathwatch Army

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    I was mulling it over; having seen other people's Deathwatch models, I just decided against in the end - it just doesn't look unified enough across an entire army.

Basically I didn't want my army looking like a bunch of fruity pebbles.

And to address those people who say I have bland highlights, well:
    1.) the models are highlighted; my kitchen just has terrible lighting so you can't quite see it and
    2.) HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW LONG EDGE HIGHLIGHTING OF BLACK TAKES AND HOW MUCH SKILL IT REQUIRES?!! Seriously, I love me some Deathwatch but just like Dirty Harry, I know my limitations.
    The shoulder pad things is quite important. And it ends up looking cool on the table top; I only have 40 infantry painted, but they do look good!

Next time someone *****es about your black shading give them a one word answer: PHYSICS.

GW's black shading (ugh) is neither representative of the scale, nor the physics of the way black reflects light.

Care to explain how you did the ammo belt on your Pedro Kantor?
    It's a metal ammo feed cut from the old metal Techmarine Servitor Heavy Bolter and bent into shape. Took a long while and quite a lot of torque with a heavy blade to cut it free, but it was totally worth it. Now I think I'd just buy an ammo belt from Zinge Industries.

[url]http://zinge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_70&product_id=92[/url]

The shoulder pad things is quite important. And it ends up looking cool on the table top; I only have 40 infantry painted, but they do look good!

Beauty in the eye of the beholder. My lot do have chapter logos in white, but I really detest the chapter colour thing. It's just not unified enough and looks too garish. I know it means my army isn't in the 'official' colours, and that may break some people's brains, but it's my aesthetic choice and I'm pleased with it.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12