BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Cryx Pistol Wraiths: Did I do it right?

The other day I was playing against a friend, who was fielding Menoth. I had a pistol wraith fire on one of his warjacks. There was a mild disagreement as a result. Eventually I convinced my friend that I was right, and I do believe I was correct, but I'm looking for second opinions.

The attack started with my pistol wraith firing on the warjack. The first attack hit, but caused no damage. Likewise, the second attack hit with no damage. The pistol wraith's card states both initial ranged attacks are only required to "hit" (no requirement that they do damage) so I got to make my Death Chill attack, which hit and froze the warjack.

When my friend went to activate the warjack, first he said that a charge was a move action that included a melee attack, so that the Death Chill effectively did nothing. I countered by saying that a model cannot perform a charge (or any special action) unless it has both a move and an action available. I managed to convince my friend of this, and I'm fairly confident this is correct.

What I am less confident of is what my friend attempted next. He said that if he could not charge, then he would walk his warjack to his intended target and simply buy attacks with focus points. Now, we both understand that the wording in Warmachine is intentionally specific, and since the rule for spending focus points stipulates it is for "additional" attacks, this strongly suggested it could not be used as my friend intended.

In the end I think my friend was inclined to agree with me more because he'd already worked out he had enough force available to squish my warcaster. Having never played Lich Lord Terminus before, I somewhat intentionally walked him (well ... charged him, actually) into the bulk of his troops, just to see what it would take for my friend to kill the beast.

So ... does anything I've described seem amiss?
    Last edited by Necron2.0; 10-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Death chill has the same rules as knockdown. You just cannot shake it. You cannot buy attacks unless you have the ability to attack initially. What you did was correct.