BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Alien : Isolation

So, it's out.

Haven't got it myself, probably won't until November.

But how pants fillingly scary is it? Scale of 1-10 folks, with 1 being 'little Tommy Squeaker', and 10 being 'Dear God, the humanity. It's up the walls and everything. We'd be better off burning it down and rebuilding'

Go!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Played a bit last night, I'd say 7.5? It's really good from what I've played, only had two encounters with the alien which were both pretty scary.

Ignore reviews by fanboys who don't know the difference between Alien and Aliens, apparently a lot of the negative reviews are from cretins expecting a better version of Colonial Marines.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-07-2014 at 03:36 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Pffrt.

Alien was the original (if not, definitely the best) SciFi survival horror.

Getting good feedback on Facebook (DD Gaming - they're the future yo!), with one person saying it goes all the way to 15 out of 20, full on redefining the poopometer in the process!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd give it 8 out of 10 overall? Maybe 8.5. Happy with the story so far, nice and diverse range of characters and totes creepy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Is colonial marines the half arsed Left 4 Dead clone?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/aliens_zps09972ee6.jpg.html][/URL]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Is colonial marines the half arsed Left 4 Dead clone?
    Yep the one that managed to recreate the setting of Aliens brilliantly but failed at everything else like gameplay, AI, themes consistent with teh film etc.

Chapter-Master

Had one go, went back to L4D2

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

A bit of a necro post, Been watching some people play it online, Some time on, people's reviews of it? Seems a bit like a jump-scare type game and I will be honest, im a wimp for that stuff, is that what its mainly about?
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy