BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Adepticon: Who's Attending?

Now that registration for Adepticon has been open for awhile (and closed for the Sunday 40k tournament), I was thinking that it would be good to start a thread for people attending the tournament to share info on lodging/local bars and resturants/army lists/ etc.

I met JWolf at Adepticon last year, had a good game and talked off and on all day. Hopefully, this thread can lead to more of that kind of interaction.

So, who's attending this year?

"Mycroft Holmes"
    Jason Bentley

Brother-Captain

I'll be there with Blood Ravens for the team tournament.

Btw, the best food in Chicago is Uno's Pizza. Get the sausage deep dish. It's awesome. I've been looking forward to going back to Chicago for the better part of a decade just for the pizza.
    Last edited by Lerra; 03-01-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Chaplain

I have some friends in Chitown, and will be heading up for a # of reasons, not least of which is socializing.

I'll be participating in the team tournament, and maybe the Sunday event ... depends on how the Nids are going on the production front.

I'd participate in the Gladiator, except for the Apoc units, which make it rather silly.

Also, will be passing the word on our own event ... we got our tournament on the Circuit for this year, in August.
    Last edited by MVBrandt; 02-02-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Now that registration for Adepticon has been open for awhile (and closed for the Sunday 40k tournament), I was thinking that it would be good to start a thread for people attending the tournament to share info on lodging/local bars and resturants/army lists/ etc.

I met JWolf at Adepticon last year, had a good game and talked off and on all day. Hopefully, this thread can lead to more of that kind of interaction.

So, who's attending this year?

"Mycroft Holmes"
    Jason Bentley
    Shout out! I live down the street in Chicago my parents house,and one of my worksites is close to Lombard. So out of towners just ask for info they call me Magellan

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I'll be there, probably competing in the team tournament and combat patrol. Only 1500 of my 4000 points are fully painted >.>

Btw, the best food in Chicago is Uno's Pizza. Get the sausage deep dish. It's awesome. I've been looking forward to going back to Chicago for the better part of a decade just for the pizza.
    That's really just like eating toast, and drinking coffee in the morning. There are tons of places to eat in Chicago. Though a HS friend is a waiter at Unos ,and it's a block away from work.

I'll be there. The plan is to only play on Saturday (me, Jwolf, Goatboy and Darkwynn are playing in the 40K team tournament) so I can meet people and hang out at the bar.

See you there!
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Fly Lord

Same here, I'll there live-blogging and chatting everybody up. I'm only playing Team on Saturday this year... just too many people to talk to!

Look for the tired looking guy dragging the camera and tripod around...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I was planning to make the trek but I just don't have the cash to plus I've got 4 GT's that I'm planing to hit this year so that should make up for it I guess. There are some guys from my local store here tho who are getting all geared up for the gladiator and 4 person team game. Been hearing a lot about Hierophants being the big baddie this year.
    letsagetabitarockin!

I'll be there and playing Gladiator, Team w/ Bigred, Lux, and Bulwark, as well as the championship on Sunday. Should be pretty fun!
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Chaplain

Ah, the championship; I was so busy workin' on prep for my own circuit tourney that I forgot and ended up on waitlist ... playing in the Stupor Bowl unless the wait list comes up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast