BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Succubus Gear

Chaplain

Default Succubus Gear

So...maybe it's just me but from reading the new codex it seems that you can't actually equip a Succubus with the gear that she is advertised with(the agoniser and archite glaive)?

From what I can tell you can't give her both an agoniser and an archite glaive at the same time as both require you to replace her single close combat weapon, meaning you can only do it for one of them. Am I missing something here?!

It looks like you are right. I thought you could replace the pistol with a melee weapon, but the codex says that you can only replace melee weapons with an Agoniser.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokunator View Post
    It looks like you are right. I thought you could replace the pistol with a melee weapon, but the codex says that you can only replace melee weapons with an Agoniser.
    Haven't read the dex yet but BS won't let me give her a blast pistol either... WTF? Syrens can, Bloodbrides in charge of wyches can... Why on Earth not the Succubus? That has to be an error surely?

edit: surprisingly it will let me give her both the Archite Glaive and the agoniser though....
    Last edited by John Bower; 10-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

I think you can. The iPad version of the codex states "May replace CCW with an archite glaive". Then below you "May take items from the Melee Weapons, ..." which replaces your Melee weapon with either a Power sword or Agoniser. The Splinter pistol counts as a CCW during the Assault phase, this makes it a Melee weapon.

GW just made a new model with this description on their web site. "This 10-piece plastic kit makes one Succubus equipped with an agoniser and archite glaive."

If pistols count as melee weapons for the purposes of wargear replacement, then Ork players finally got the dual power klaws they always wanted...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

they don't

its very clear to say pistol when its talking about pistols. As to the loadout on the knew model, well thats standard GW guys, no idea what they themselves are doing
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Yeah it's not exactly the most shocking thing of all time, although a bit surprising considering they've clearly taken on that loadout as the "definitive" loadout!

Just wanted to check I wasn't missing something, despite having re-read it several times!

Chapter-Master

worth checking to see if there is an option to trade out the pistol for a basic melee weapon in her own entry, sometimes thats a thing
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Just tried Force Requistion in the iPad codex and it allowed the archite glaive and agoniser load out. I don't know what it did with the splinter pistol and CCW weapon though. When I add a standard Succubus, it doesn't list any weapons.

@John Bower, that has to be a Battlescribe error.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BPar View Post
    Just tried Force Requistion in the iPad codex and it allowed the archite glaive and agoniser load out. I don't know what it did with the splinter pistol and CCW weapon though. When I add a standard Succubus, it doesn't list any weapons.

@John Bower, that has to be a Battlescribe error.
    Thats nice and all, but Force Req is not the rules, the rules are the rules and the rules specify EXACTLY what you can do, and swapping your PISTOL for an agoniser isnt one of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast