BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relic Limit

And you decide to ignore:

6 Does not replace one of the character’s weapons.
    because of..... reasons?

Rule tells you only one weapon may be replaced. Footnote tells you "this equipment doesnt replace a weapon"
    Question: How many weapons did you replace?

Same for the Space Marine Codex:

1 Does not replace one of the character's weapons
    I'd love to have Shield eternal and the Burning Blade on a Chapter Master
    This is indeed impossible as BOTH items replace a weapon which contradicts the rule.

However the Armour Indomitus doesn NOT replace a weapon and could be used together with the burning Blade.

And you can bet the wording will be exactly the same in Codex: Blood Angels.
    If you play GWs Poster Boys you get all your little extras.

Chapter-Master

Back when G.W. digital still had their facebook I talked to them about it and they go over the rules with the writers to make sure they have it set up right. but if you are saying 'everywhere' has some consensus then the burden of proof is on you. So please provide a link or links.
    So, someone on the internet said they once allegedly spoke to someone else on the internet that they knew a person who talked to the game designers and that totally means that whatever the first person said is the truth?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post

because of..... reasons?

Rule tells you only one weapon may be replaced. Footnote tells you "this equipment doesnt replace a weapon"

This is indeed impossible as BOTH items replace a weapon which contradicts the rule.

However the Armour Indomitus doesn NOT replace a weapon and could be used together with the burning Blade.

You can do the sword and shield charon.

You have two weapons. Each item swaps out one weapon thats all that text means
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

because of..... reasons?

not ignored at all, first page I said that. Armour is odd call item, GKs are even odder as they don't have the rule that limits but sides just one each a formation. Their replace set items(Storm Bolter, Armour and Melee Weapon) then the last two are just items not weapons that give extra rules.
    Last edited by Aaron LeClair; 10-11-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

So my Crusaders can all carry Power Weapons or Plasma Guns? After all, they are all one Initiate in the unit!

That's AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

You can swap out ONE weapon. Not "a" weapon.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

You can swap out ONE weapon. Not "a" weapon.
    A model may replace "one weapon with one of" not a model may replace two weapons with one of, or three, or for or five.

You have two weapons, therefore you may replace one weapon with one of the following. Then you may replace one weapon with one of the following, and if you really want you may reaplace one of the two weapons you took with one of the following.

All it shows is that you swap out a single weapon per weapon relic, not all your weapons or anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    not ignored at all, first page I said that. Armour is odd call item, GKs are even odder as they don't have the rule that limits but sides just one each a formation. Their replace set items(Storm Bolter, Armour and Melee Weapon) then the last two are just items not weapons that give extra rules.
    If you'd done the research grasshopper you'd know there is a character called Kranon the Relentless....made by, you guessed it, purchasing multiple relics on a generic chasis

- - - Updated - - -

C:SM pg. 159 "A model can replace one weapon with one of the following."

I read this as I replace a bolt pistol (one weapon) for one relic. Then I replace a chainsword (one weapon) for one more relic.

To back this up:
    C:SM page 163 "A Chapter Master in power armour or artificer armour may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear, and/or Chapter Relics lists."
    I highlighted items because it is plural. Multiple items from all of these lists.

I'm fairly certain multiple relics can be taken by one dude. If you can't, this would be the only 6th ed codex that has this restriction. That seems unlikely
    From one of the old, old threads about this rule
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

A model may replace "one weapon with one of" not a model may replace two weapons with one of, or three, or for or five.

You have two weapons, therefore you may replace one weapon with one of the following. Then you may replace one weapon with one of the following, and if you really want you may reaplace one of the two weapons you took with one of the following.
    Not reading it this way. If you want to go with this interpretation:
    May Uprgade one Fire Dragon to a Fire Dragon Exarch
    This would mean you can upgrade ONE Fire Dragon to an Exarch (you dont transform 2 or 3 Fire Dragons into a singe Exarch). Then you upgrade the next (one) Fire Dragon to an Exarch.
    Same for nearly every other entry. Same wording, different interpretation because... ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123