BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default 40K Q4 Release Roundup (Necrons, Bugs, Blood Angels)

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] 10-10-2014

Necrons
    -The Necrons will see the release of a Necron lord.
    -They will recieve a codex in January.

Tyranids
    -Tyranids will see the release of two large bugs.
    -The rules for their models will be in the box like the Nagash release.
    -This is just a model release for the Tyranids, no codex.
    -Kits coming in 6-7 weeks.
    -Kits "will give the army more punch"

Blood Angels
    -Lastly the Blood angels will be released at the end of the year.

via BoLS 10-16-2014
    End Times: Chaos (3 weeks)
    Week 1: BlightKings / Gutrot Spume
    Week 2: Maggot Lords
    Week 3: Glotkin / End Times:Chaos Book

Everyone is eagerly awaiting the "big unveiling" of the Glotkin kit, said to be the big "Nagash equivalent" of the End Times Chaos window.

40k: Blood Angels (1 week)
    There is still some chatter out there regarding Necrons, but Blood Angels is in the majority. In any case this look like a quick 1 week release slot stuffed into the schedule like Grey Knights was. So for the fans, whoever gets the spot will be coming first, but don't look for too many miniatures to be released alongside it.

Chaos Part 2 (2 weeks)
    Week 1: Unknown
    Week 2: Unknown

This Chaos wave is not believed to be linked to the End Times series, so is expected to have dual use models for both WFB and 40K. Usual suspects listed in rumor chatter are the Greater Deamons, but there is talk of Nurgle getting much more love from the studio this time around than the other 3 powers. GUO chatter is higher than the others suspects.

This takes us into mid November with the usual:
    - GW holiday bundles,
    - Terrain special deals,
    - and last (because there aren't any more movies) The Hobbit releases.

End Times 3 (January 2015)
    Book 3 featuring the Skaven and some "additional Chaos" picks up the trail and kicks off a very big eventful year for Warhammer Fantasy.

Necrons (Early-mid Q1)
    The last of the hardcover 40K codices arrives. If the order was reversed, this could be Blood Angels. Look for this release to be longer with more kits released than the 40K Codex in late October.
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] 10-28-2014

I keep getting questions about a Tyranids Codex release and here's some info.

1. This is a model release no Tyranids codex.
    2. A Campaign book will be released and if I remember correctly it's called Leviathan.
    3. Blood Angels are still coming.
    4. There will be a starter set that contains BA and Tyranids. It will be similar to Storm Claw.
    5. Hope to update Blood Angel rumors this week.

Hope this helps.
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] 10-30-2014

With all the talk and rumors of the new Tyranid stuff, Blood Angels, and the campaign involving the two I am going to clear up some misinformation/misunderstanding. The box coming out containing Tyranids and Blood Angels is NOT a starter set. It is a campaign box like Stormclaw was. Yes there are similarities between a starter set and a campaign box. Both contain models and the small rule book. The main differences being:
    -Campaign box is limited production
    -Campaign box does not have the snap fit models
    Dark Vengeance is your starter set for the foreseeable future. As for the contents of the campaign box, we don't know yet. As soon as we are able to tell you we will. I would not put much stock in the rumors of a plastic Broodlord or Plastic Lictor in there unless perhaps they make one into a character.
    Latest word on starter set 10-30-2014
    Blood Angels
    5 death company
    10 assault marines
    1 furiouso dreadnaught
    1 New Exclusive captain w jump pack

Tyranids
    3 warriors
    20 gaunts
    3 lictors (this makes no sense, perhaps Hive Guard)
    1 NEW Exclusive Prime

Campaign is slated to kick off the week after Tyranids
    Rumors of contents are rated Average-Low coming from known and unknown sources

via warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?401403-Rumours-from-next-white-dwarf&p=7305661&viewfull=1#post7305661"]Kaldor Swarmlord[/URL] 11-1-2014

I don't know if any other german WD readers noticed:

on page 20 of the current WD, where they talk about the various ways to benefit from the Toxicrene, some note is written in the bottom left corner (I'll translate):

"Shield of Baal: Leviathan ist ausschließlic in englischer Sprache erhältlich, aber damit du sofort mit dem Spielen loslegen kannst, haben wir hier die Regeln auf Deutsch abgedruckt."

"Shield of Baal: Leviathan is exclusively available in English, but for the purpose of playing immediatly we printed the rules in German here for you."

So I think we got a name...
    via[URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/11/nuovi-tiranidi-tyrannocyte-sorocyst-e.html#more"] L'Astropate[/URL] 11-3-2014

White Dwarf 42 Teaser - referencing a Campaign:

Attachment 11687
    [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/11/shield-of-baal-leviathan-details.html#more"]Gary's[/URL] got a live one 11-6-2014

Regarding Shield of Baal
    Shield of Baal is the first release for the campaign. There will be more. It comes in two hardback books and in a slipcase.

book 1 comes with all the details on the invasion- background
    includes the invasion of the Cryptus System, called the shieldworlds of Baal.
    the astra militarum, blood angels and even the sisters of battle are mentioned here.

book 2 is rules including, Echoes of War scenarios (6), a cities of death expansion with 6 new missions, death from the skies rules for aerial combat.

Forces of Leviathan: a new detachment for Tyranids with warlord traits, datasheets for new units, and new formations
    [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/11/complete-release-list-for-next-week.html#more"]Gary's[/URL] got a live one 11-7-2014
    Tyranid Week 3 prices
    Tyranid Venomthropes/Zoanthropes 3 models $66
    Shield of Baal: Leviathan Slipcased Two-Volume Set $74.25
    Shield of Baal: Leviathan Digital Edition

Invasion Swarms: Tyrand Painting Guide $33
    Invasion Swarms: Tyrand Painting Guide Digital Edition
    Ultimate Paint Set 160 paints $560
    Citadel Project Box $65
    Citadel Army Case in either 40k or Fantasy designs $105
    Citadel Cutting Mat %15
    Citadel Palette Pad 20 sheets $8
    Citadel Water Pot and Bitz Box $17

Shield of Baal: Tempestus Hardback Novella 128pgs $20
    Ahriman: Sorceror Paperback 416pgs $14
    Catechism of Hate Hardback Novella 128pgs $24
    [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/1ULadY65rfs/shield-of-baal-exterminatus.html"]Gary's[/URL] got two commenters saying this this 11-15-2014

via e9832a04-6d07-11e4-9637-1fd442c0eb49 or conspiracynutt (was posted under both names)
    Ok, this is either going to go down like a lead balloon or I may have just found the holy grail of rumour farming!!!!

So here goes, the next book being released for the campaign is....
    Shield of Baal:Exterminatus.

Not only that but the Blood angels codex is coming with this funky little tidbit:
    Codex Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition
    As well as:
    Blood Angels Data Cards(English)

I know people will throw salt all over this, but I believe it is genuine and I have proof but I just don't want to give it away just yet in case Games Workshop patch that particular hole because it could be a potential gold mine for info.
    via Nightfury

"The Sanguinary Guard edition will be similar to the wolfguard limited edition SW codex with counters and an artfolio.. should go up for preorders the last week in november if the timetable is correct along with the much anticipated LE boxed set that will almost certainly include the new tyranid broodlord i told you about a few weeks ago"
    So take that with some salt - as it comes from two commenter's on Faeit 212

Next Weeks's (November 29) Products:

via[URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/7QnV7bgvzfA/next-weeks-releases-complete-list.html"] Gary's [/URL]anonymous source
    All up for pre-orders 29 November with a release on 6 December.
    Warhammer 40k
    Shield of Baal: Deathstorm $125 25 miniatures, campaign supplement and rules

New Bases
    32mm Round Bases $4.95 10 bases online only
    50mm Round bases $4.95 3 bases online only
    170mm Oval Bases $4.95 1 base online only

Black Library
    Space Marine Battles: Visions of War $50 Hardback 128pgs
    Space Marine Battles: Flesh of Cretacia $24 Hardback 128pgs
    Shield of Baal: Deathstorm by Josh Reynolds $24 Hardback 128pgs

Hobbit
    Balin the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, & Oin the Dwarf $40 3 miniatures online only
    Kili the Dwarf, Fili the Dwarf, & Bofur the Dwarf $40 3 Miniatures online only
    Bombur the Dwarf, Bifur the Dwarf, & Ori the Dwarf $40 3 Miniatures online only
    Nori the Dwarf, Dori the Dwarf, & Gloin the Dwarf $40 3 Miniatures online only
    Thorin Oakenshield, King Under the Mountain, & Bilbo Baggins, Master Burglar $30 2 Miniatures
    Shield of Baal: Deathstorm CONFIRMED!

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm (WD44 Cover)
    Attachment 11875
    via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/11/shiled-of-baal-deathstorm-contenuto.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 11-24-2014
    SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM € 100.00

SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM (HARD COVER) € 20.00

SMB: VISIONS OF WAR € 40.00

- The box "Shield of Baal: Deathstorm" contains the following figures:
    Karlaen - captain in terminator armor of angels and bloodthirsty "Spawn of Cryptus," Lord of the Swarm Tyranid (both miniatures are completely new); 1 Death Company Blood Angels (5 miniatures), 5 and 1 Dreadnought Space Marine Terminator Death Company; 3 Tyranid Warriors, 8 Genestealers and 1 Carnifex; 1 book for rules and one for the country (both in English). The availability will be limited as Stormclaw.
    via [URL="http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/11/ultima-horamas-imagenes-de-la-wdw-y.html"]El Descanso Del Escriba[/URL] 11-25-2014

Last edited by Bigred; 11-25-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Once again I feel like it's the morning after. It was so good, I felt loved, you told me (40k) I was the only one for you, but then that necromancer walked by and now you won't even look at me. I should have learnt last time you stayed and had gone before I woke up. Now I just have a tub of ice cream, some old codex and the edge of reason to keep me company, will I ever learn.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Any new rumors on the bugs?
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Quote Originally Posted by iNcontroL View Post

Nothing about any new models, but they do have a new battleforce thing coming out
    20 Termagants, 3 warriors, Hive Tyrant, Tervigon for $160 USD

Quote Originally Posted by iNcontroL View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny that the bugs are allegedly getting at least 2 new strings to their bow (I don't know if these are big bugs) in the next 5 months, which will add a little more straight up effectiveness to the army, to make up for the lost of biomancy powers. They also sell too well not to; and certain key people at the studio love them.

With rumours so vague how can I go wrong. Check back 31st March 2015 to throw mud at me.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

If October is the 1 week release and January the longer one, it makes much more sense that Necrons are first then BA. Necrons have a good variety of models so I don't expect a whole lot of new ones.

That's true, but blood angels then necrons returns GW to the xenos / imperial / xenos / imperial schedule they like to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    That's true, but blood angels then necrons returns GW to the xenos / imperial / xenos / imperial schedule they like to maintain.
    So would Chaos Space Marines
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] 10-28-2014

I keep getting questions about a Tyranids Codex release and here's some info.

1. This is a model release no Tyranids codex.
    2. A Campaign book will be released and if I remember correctly it's called Leviathan.
    3. Blood Angels are still coming.
    4. There will be a starter set that contains BA and Tyranids. It will be similar to Storm Claw.
    5. Hope to update Blood Angel rumors this week.

Hope this helps.

Fly Lord

Latest word on starter set 10-30-2014
    Blood Angels
    5 death company
    10 assault marines
    1 furiouso dreadnaught
    1 New Exclusive captain w jump pack

Tyranids
    3 warriors
    20 gaunts
    3 lictors (this makes no sense, perhaps Hive Guard)
    1 NEW Exclusive Prime

Campaign is slated to kick off the week after Tyranids
    Rumors of contents are rated Average-Low coming from known and unknown sources

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast