BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

And yes, Kharybdis is identical - no need to roast if you don't wanna.

They otherwise follow the same rules as regular Drop Pods - if it's a DT, must be transporting it's unit etc.

Cannot remember if they're now available as separate FA slots. Will check when I'm home (saturday shift!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And yes, Kharybdis is identical - no need to roast if you don't wanna.

They otherwise follow the same rules as regular Drop Pods - if it's a DT, must be transporting it's unit etc.

Cannot remember if they're now available as separate FA slots. Will check when I'm home (saturday shift!)
    I imagine they're still way too expensive to be worthwhile. Still AV12?

I think getting some hardcore assault unit across the table and only scattering like a Drop Pod on Turn 1 is pretty darn awesome. That would let Abaddon or Typhus or Kharn charge Turn 2 into deep territory, whereas usually they'd have to wait until Turn 3 to do that, or take a Land Raider and meet enemies in the middle of the table (usually). For the price of that 1 Land Raider you can get what, like 3 Dreadclaws and 2 come in Turn 1? That's pretty good I think! Heck, I'd even put Obliterators in that, they do better damage closer up, and join a Sorcerer with them for kicks.

That's the thing a spartan or kharybdis for the points is really good considering you could put a full 10 man squad of terminators or a combination with a lord and be in their base killing their dudes turn 2. Think about it for the cost of 3 meltas more than a land raider in the case of the claw you get the transport capacity of two land raiders. That's 46 melta guns for the price of 26 and when you cut the cost of your terminators from that you have completely saved the cost of the 5 aditional terminators who would not normally been able to catch a ride otherwise. Nothing we have will do better in CC for the points so I think it's great. And honestly for 4 meltas more you can really bring the heat with a spartan upgraded to ignore melta. What ever the case the point is you are getting the functionality of a second landraider for just abut free. The key here is that you look at what it is facilitating (10 terminators in assault turn 2) and see that for the cost you can't do better out of anyone's codex. Also pro tip for the termies multiple assault with them so you don't kill the hell out of everything in your turn. Kill them in their turn and move back into assault in your next turn

Slap a Mark of Khorne on them and toss Cypher with 'em for Hit and Run . I lack the skill and luck, but I wonder how crazy that would be.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

The Kharybdis aso puts out some descent firepower while its at it, I am really going to try subbing one into my list and see how it goes in place of my defiler/sorc
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Can you give some more information on the Sonic Dreadnaught?

Who can take it? Do you need to have Noise Marines units (similar to Blood Slaughterer) to take one in a CSM list? What slot does it take up? Roughly how many melta's

I'm a bit wary of AV 12 for such a huge investment, though.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Dyemor View Post
    Thanks for all the info so far.

Can you give some more information on the Sonic Dreadnaught?

Who can take it? Do you need to have Noise Marines units (similar to Blood Slaughterer) to take one in a CSM list? What slot does it take up? Roughly how many melta's
    Appears to be just an elite choice, no noise required....its pricey though

its more like a slaanesh dedicated infernus dread than a brute
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-21-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Is it true that the Giant Chaos Spawn is now a Daemons Heavy Support instead of a CSM Elites?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast