BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Depends which God you follow, and who your Bossman is....

All get - Malcador, Malador Defender, Minotaur and Bandblades.

Demagogue Devotions open up...

The Bloody Handed Reaver
    Lord of Skulls
    Greater Brass Scorpion

Primaris-rogue Witch
    All for of the big Daemons, but no more than 25% of your army's total points

Mutant Overlord
    Giant Chaos Spawn
    Spined Chaos Beast
    Both are 1-3 per choice, but no mixy-matchy.

Master of the Horde
    Nowt!

Arch-heretic Revolutionary
    Macharius Heavy Tank
    Macharius Vanquisher
    Macharius Vulcan
    Macharius Omega (IA Vol 1, 2nd Ed)

Heretek Magus (yep, you read that right!)
    Valdor Tank Hnt (IA Vol 1, 2nd Ed)
    Chaos Warhound
    Chaos Reaver
    Greater Brass Scorpion
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Thanks for the info! Do the Chaos Sicaran or Fire Raptor have any special chaos-y rules? What missile options does the Fire Raptor have?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Thanks for the sneak peek, Mystery. Holy...hell. Those sound almost too good to be true. IA13 is going to be a must-own for Chaos players, I think.

Would love to hear what's in the Lost & the Damned army list, if/when you've got time.
    You're a hard task master - but I've got 40 minutes before Doctor Who....

LOTS of special rules.....

Vox-Caster

Command Net Vox

Sub-flak Armour (6+ sv)

Chaos Sigil (ignore first failed Morale or Pinning test each game turn

Combat Drug Injectors - activate on charge. gains Rage, but T test at end of combat or remove D3 models, no saves at all at all.

Banner of Hate - All infantry from same Primary detachment with one or more models (Clarity!) within 12" roll 3D6 for Pinning and Morale, discarding the lowest

Banner of the Apostate - +1 to combat score, not cumulative with each other

Army Special Rules

Uncertain Worth - Random Ld - D6+4, roll when it's first used (sticks for the rest of the game, usual modifiers apply)

Curse of Mutation - before deployment, D6. 1-2, Fear and all friendly units without Curse of Mutation rule -1 Ld when within 6". 3-4, Unnatural Sense. Acute Senses and Scout, but count all Blast, Barrage and Heavy Weapons as having the Blind Special Rule. 5-6, Horns, Claws and Fangs. Hammer of Wrath, HoW +1 S, but must always declare a charge in any friendly assault phase when enemy are within 12". If multiple qualifying units, you get to choose who you declare the charge against.

Chaos Covenant (hold onto your pants, and grab the Kleenex....)
    Renegades and Heretics with this may select one of the following.
    Khorne - Any unit with at least one model with this re-roll ALL failed to wound in the first round of any Close Combat
    Nurgle - As above, but FnP 6+
    Slaanesh - As above, Fleet
    Tzeentch - As above, but BS2(!) Snap Shots......

Fanatic
    When determining Ld for Uncertain Worth, roll an additional D6 and ditch the lowest.

Aura of the Witch
    Unit must be modelled with a pointy hat, a Parsnip nose, and a Wart. Gains 5+ Invulnerable save, and Fear, but cannot join another unit, or be the Warlord. Part of this listing is untrue. Can you spots it?

Bloody hell. There's loads and loads more! Need a break. Gimme a couple of hours! For now - BUGGER OFF!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

You've done your duty, sir. Go enjoy yourself. Thanks a ton this sneak peek!

Iron Father

Thank matey. Lots of info there. You've twisted my arm, I'm buying the book.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Right...Demagogue Devotions. A single Demagogue in any one Command Squad (so just the one devotion then!) can have one of the follow upgrades.

Primaris-rogue Witch. Lvl 1 Psyker, Upgradeable to Lvl 2, opens up Malefic, Biomancy, Pyromancy, Telekinesis. Cannot then take Covenant of Khorne, BT, Rogue Psyker Covens become Elites as well as HQ (Witches, Witches as far as the eye can see!)

Mutant Overlord
    Roll three times on the following table, and both the dude and his squad get the Curse of Mutation rule.... 1 - Reduce I or A of model by -1, re-roll additionals of this result. 2 -3. +1 to WS or BS, 4-5 +1 to S or T, 6 - +1 W, gains Slow and Purposeful and Bulky - re-roll additional results. Must take at least TWO Mutant Rabble units, and may select a single unit of Renegade Chaos Spawn as a non-Compulsory Troops choice, allows Ogryn Brutes to purchase Curse of Mutation for +15 points.

Master of the Horde
    When an individual Renegade Infantry Squad bought as part of the same army as this dude, and numbering 15+ at the start of game, when wiped out, recycle on a 5+. Identical bar Ded Trans. Must take at least TWO Renegade Infantry Platoons, but squad size of those goes up to 30....

Arch-Heretic Revolutionary
    ains Zealot, and can take a Covenant of Chaos for no additional cost. Renegade Infantry and Renegade Veterans can have Fanatic for fixed points per unit, and Enforcer Cadres can include up to 10, instead of 5 Enforcers

Heretek Magus
    3+ Sv, T+1, FnP 6+. Can now take Defilers as HS, and Decimators as Elite. And the following units get FnP 6+ for a very modest cost.... Command Squads, Infantry Platoons, Veteran Squads, Disciple Squads, Heavy Ordnance Batteries, Support Squads, Rapier Laser Destroyer Batteries, Field Artillery Batteries

Bloody-handed Reaver
    Refractor Field and Krak Grenades, can replace pistol with hot-shot las pistol or hot shot las gun. Infantry Veterans can upgrade to Renegade Grenadiers for modest points. BS+1, all pistol replace with hot-shot Lasguns or Hot-shot Pistols. For every 5 models, Grenadiers can replace a hot-shot Lasgun for a Hot-shot Volley Gun, again for modest points. Militia Training can be purchased for the following units, giving them proper, 5+ Flak - Infantry Platoons, Mutant Rabble, Heavy Ordnance Batteries, Support Squads, Laser Destroyer Batteries, Field Artillery Batteries.

Right.....15 minutes to Dr Who.....

WARLORD TRAITS!

1. Fanatical Convert - When a unit with Uncertain Worth is destroyed within 12" of this model, roll a D6 - on a 5+, you get a VP too (sorry what????)
    2. Iron-Fisted Tyrant - At the start of your turn, you can remove D3 models from the Warlords unit from play, and a single fleeing friendly unit with Uncertain Worth may immediately regroup (anything but a 2 you say?
    3. Prophet of Doom - Beginning of any turn, including your opponents, pick a Reserve roll. You can make it a 2+ for success, or 6+ for success, regardless of current turn or any other modifiers (now imagining a Lictor being doused in Febreze)
    4. Arisan of Death - If engage in HTH during its I step, but not in base to base with an enemy model, you can forfeit all his attacks to inflict on S3, AP2, Poison 4+ on any enemy model (mmm, snipey!) within 3"....including models in a challenge
    5. Blasphemous Iconoclast - Once per turn, during your shooting phase, nominate a friendly unit within 12" - It rolls an additional D6 when rolling on the Building Damage table, using the highest (erm....kinda useful. Sometimes. But I guess when it is, it really is?)
    6. Soul-scarred Terror. At I1 step of any Fight sub-phase, roll a D6 for each enemy model in btb with this Warlord. On a 6, they take an automatic wound. He also causes Fear (not bad. Still want a 1 though. 1 is ace!)

Fave Units Part Twooooooo!

Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought.

It's a Venerable Dread type, without the BLARG GRIBBLE NO BINKY THEY'RE ON OUR SIDE! table. Instead, it has a choice of three upgrades.

1 is Host of Daemonic Icon - Gains Daemonic Resilience (need to look that up), and any Hull Point lost in HTH causes a S4 AP3 on the offending unit - MEH!

Destroyer of Cities - Gets the Assault Drill (fun!) and Flamespurt Cannon(?), +1 front AV, and has Move Through Cover, and in Cities of Death gets Wrecker.

But the besterest?

Lord of the Long War. I'll skip the flavour text for now....but...if it's destroyed by an EXPLODES result? Roll a D6.
    1-2 Replace it with a Chaos Spawn
    3-4 Re-roll the damage dice. Needs a second ASPLODE result to do so, otherwise apply the re-roll result
    5-6 DEAR GODS. IT'S ONLY GONE AND HATCHED INTO A SODDING GREAT DAEMON PRINCE! (as per Dark Apotheosis result on Boon table).
    And he can fight in challenges (no, I bloody well would not like to accept that. I'm taking my power fist and going home. Sod the lot of you...hold on, I'm sure I had legs a second ago).

Loads of the usual toys for it to pick as well. And can have Malefic Ammo, which in this case grants all Heavy Bolters or Autocannon carried Rending. Wee bit pricey though...
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 10-11-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Librarian

Woo hoo!

Specific Q: is the Dreadclaw A Dedicated Transport, or does it take up its own slot?

CSM Squads, Chosen, Ferrum Infernus, Sonic Dread, Helbrutes - Dedicated Transport (and it's an Assault Vehicle, but no Assault from Deep Strike still).

Also a Fast Attack choice.

Same cost as a Nightscythe.

Renegades list is.....comprehensive!

And it includes Wyverns. And Griffons. And loads of stuff. Very much IG but with lots of knobs on. Different choices depending on your Demagogue.

And....souped up Spawn. They've got a random mutation table....4+ Armour Save is one of the results, another is roll an additional D6 for the attacks, using the highest.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Been up since 6:00 am, and driven for around 6 hours. I'm off to my bed, and will be giving this book a damned good read!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast