Quote Originally Posted by Anon! View Post
Whereas the 1500 point list plays rather differently:
Lord with Warscythe, Solar Pulse and Resurrection Orb
Gets into a nice position with the Immortals, and stays there. Only time he'll move is if the Warrior/'Lith combo needs any extra shootiness.
10 Immortals
Extra dakka.
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
Now here's a problem. Should I devote the majority to assaulting enemy positions, or stick 20 on the closest objectives and dare anything to come near them while sending a 10-man squad to consolidate gains by everything else?
4 Destroyers
Used in the same way as before, except now they have Heavy Destroyers running with them they can be a lot less scared of tanks.
5 Scarab Swarms
No tactical changes here. I'm counting on them going unnoticed, so I might hide them behind the Monolith to counter threats to that as well.
Monolith
Two words - Fire magnet. Also used for teleporting, and laughing at melta spam.
2 Heavy Destroyers
1 Heavy Destroyer
It's a solid list, like Karandras says though lone heavy destroyers will probably get a single shot off before they're gunned down.

Couple of thoughts from your comments though; The biggest benefit that your Immortals have is that those lovely S5 24" range guns are assault 2 so you can move them around killing things, keep them mobile and killing whatever needs to die. As for your warriors, park 10 somewhere safe to try to avoid phase out, on an objective is the best place for them if possible then try to keep the 'lith around 18" from all the squads using it to move the warriors around. Warriors are pretty poor but having ten appear in rapid fire range backed up by the S5 shooting on the lith is going to spoil the day of pretty much any infantry unit. Camping in cover at least gives you a chance if you're assaulted.