BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    Not quite sure what you meant by that but the reason people are supporting the use of the turbo boost to drop the bomb is because of the extended movement range. Also as a technical side issue, the bomb is being dropped not fired so it could be argued that there has been no shooting involved. The only real issue is the fact that the 7 ed rules forgot about Ork Deff Koptas as another example of a rushed rules release.
    Yeah, and Grenades are only Thrown, not Shot. For game purposes, it's considered a Ranged Attack, so it is "Fired". So that little thought is busted.

I note that you didn't seem to bother with the other point, though...

Chaplain

I note that you didn't seem to bother with the other point, though...
    Didn't think it needed further comment. It is the crux of the problem wouldn't you agree, how does one complete a bombing run with Deff Koptas given 12" is too short and under normal interpretation of the rules you can not use it if you turbo boosted.

As I noted earlier, the guys at the GW store said do the bombing run in the Turbo Boost phase. But as we can see from the commentary, it is a point that needs mutual agreement before the game is started. If someone is not prepared to accept the solution may be for that game the Ork player discards the bomb and uses his 15 points on something else.

Of course tournaments would need clarification in the notes I think. That is one place where people get antsy about lists changing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234