BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I do think it needs FAQ; the idea that the DK's can't fire their rokkits too is old hat; they were like that before but... they did drop the bomm during the turbo boost; and that was what changed in 6th as they used to do it in the 'movement' phase; but with 5th ed turbo boost moved to the shooting phase like running etc. so the Bomm got FAQ'd to make it as far as I can tell from FAQ the 'movement' phase back then too. And was done after it moved. So it looks like we follow the new Rule book on that; which against a competent player will make the bomm utterly useless. Shame I modelled a couple of nice ones for my DK's really. Hey ho, g getting used to my units getting raped lately.
    Add a Grot to the Bomb as a "second occupant"?

I think that would be considered "modelling for advantage."

Unless GW did it on the official model, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post

Would be a lot more than just 'modelling for advantage', it would be breaking the rules completely as a DK is merely a bike with 1 dude on.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post

Would be a lot more than just 'modelling for advantage', it would be breaking the rules completely as a DK is merely a bike with 1 dude on.
    Or it could be considered a sarcastic joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Or it could be considered a sarcastic joke...
    No sliding jokes under the radar; that's not playing cricket...

Banned

No sliding jokes under the radar; that's not playing cricket...
    Never played cricket nor had it explained to me. Can't even play baseball that well, only did it for the sno cones we got after the game.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Never played cricket nor had it explained to me. Can't even play baseball that well, only did it for the sno cones we got after the game.
    Sno Cones! All I ever scored after a game were noogies or wedgies!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

pretty sure the 'rule' was in the last ork codex. not at all surprised if its not in the new one !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    pretty sure the 'rule' was in the last ork codex. not at all surprised if its not in the new one !
    It was in the old Ork dex, and had to be FAQ'd as the turbo boost changed from part of the movement phase to shooting; then it got faq'd to be that it got resolved at the end of the shooting phase but any unit you moved over in either phase if my memory serves me correctly.

RAW interpretation is that Bigbomms are completely useless as they can't be used by the unit they are equipped on.

RAI interpretation is that you drop them in the movement phase exactly as you would from a flyer or FMC. You cannot shoot in the following shooting phase with the kopters other weapon. You do not have to move any specified amount or turbo boost or what have you, in fact since it counts as shooting in the shooting phase you cannot turbo boost in the same turn.

This is how I would play it and I wouldn't have any problems with someone else playing it this way, it is obviously the intention of the rule.

However, if you wanted to use strict RAW then they are useless, which in the absence of a FAQ would be fine too.

Adding arbitrary extra limitation to the usage seems pointless, they either work or they don't work, if they do work then they do so in the simplest fashion possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast