BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default BoLs Adepts of the Mechanicum

How do?

So, all excited and revved up for a shiny new Mechanicum army. Love the models, love the background, and shouldn't overly tax my rather limited painting skills as a force - so a win all round for me.

Do we got any other Adepts knocking around the community? If so, what's in your Maniple, and any advice for a noob?

I'm going to buy my first batch later in the month, and have set a budget of £250 to £300, mostly because I want the free shipping!

Rules wise, I currently have the first HH book, so limited there, but I do have access to the other two.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm slowly scratchbuilding myself an AdMech army.

I made some Castellax:

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48252-My-Most-Ambitious-Scratchbuild-Ever[/url]

As well as some Myrmidion Destructors (because a.) perfect excuse to use Puppetswar's awesome Ripper models and b.) five Destructors with Volikte Culverins are absolutely DEVASTATING on the battlefield)

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?43662-Puppetswar-Rippers-converted-to-AdMech-Mymidion-Destructors[/url]

I've also got a few things I made a few years ago:

as well as an Iron Hands allied detatchment.

I love me some AdMech. Easily the most exciting army for models and rules in the game at the moment. Totally different from everything else both visually and playstyle wise.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Sergeant

I just ordered my army. I have a thing for the robots. List is something like:
    Archmagos Inar Satarael
    Magos dominus x2
    New mechanicus knight
    2 thanatar siege-automata
    6 castellax 2 w/ mm
    9 Thallax cohort 3 w/ mm
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Banned

Check out Winters SEO on YouTube. He has a couple of battle reports with mechanicus up and in the comments of one video outlines his painting technique. He's got himself a nice little army.
    Nothing beats seeing it in action!

Chapter-Master

Yorky - love those but a trifle disturbed by the bottom picture...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I've been tinkering around for a while on and off with this idea as well. My concept is an STC Explorator force, with the tools to go in by foot and the machines to blast the scummy xenos out of squatting on sacred STC.

I'll put some pics up when I get closer to my desktop.

I've had a few games now with my mechanicus.

I love, love, love! My thallax! I've got three groups of nine. I converted them to carry phased plasma, and they kill stuff like no ones business. Remember to use their jet pack abilities. I tend to deploy behind cover, jump over, shoot stuff, then jump back behind cover. After a few turns of this and clearing the field of enemy, I'll move them out to secure victory points. Also don't forget their feel no pain 6+. It's not the greatest, but if you even save one wound it can make the difference. If you're running the first book they can take a lands raider as a transport. Ferrox is also very useful.

castlellax are ok in my book. Some people have major hard-ons for them, but to me they're just ok. Sure they are hard to kill, but unless you take a group of them their mauler bolt cannon isn't going to kill enough stuff to make them awesome. I tend to put them in the center of my table and march them straight forward. They'll draw fire the first few games, but once your opponent figures out they're not going to kill them easily, and that the damage they're going to do can be minimized they'll start ignoring them.

The Magos can be a beast! I tend to run him with a jump pack, abeyant, and staff. Or I trade the jump for a machination array. (Plus a lot of other goodies) he gets expensive fast, but if played right will always get his points back. Just make sure you don't leave him in the open. He will die.

Avenger strike fighter, can give you some much needed air support. I only add the missile launchers to this.

Lightning cannons krios and the venator krios tank are fast movers and heavy hitters. Give them the claw as well as the volkites. You won't regret it!

Have yet to play the thenatar or tech thralls. I see the advantage to them, but honestly my play style favors thallax.

I've just ordered my mermedons will advise on them later.

Hope that helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1890.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	11506I have lots. Hoping to get it all painted this decade.
    Deciding the fate of the universe one dice roll at a time. http://grumpygamer.blogspot.com