BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Knight Titan isn't a Knight; he's waaaaaay too small for that. He's a Riptide, for when I ally with my Urban Warfare Tau, converted from a Geara Zulu toy a friend bought me while he was on holiday in Japan.
    More details, including the extent of my conversion to the kit are here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?38689-Imperial-Guard-121st-Bifrosti-Riptide[/url]

I think Rough Riders are only classic (RT-era) unit you are missing, while the Valks are the obvious new school omission - will you be adding either?
    I've always hated the concept of Rough Riders. I once toyed with the idea of some on mechanical horses, but I couldn't find a manufacturer, and their rules have never been anything but terrible, so I've no inclination to make any.

As for Valkyries? I just hate the model. To be honest, I don't really like any flyers. I do have one. It's been assembled on my desk for about four months and I've just not had the inclination to paint it. I'm sure I'll get round to it in the end, but flyers are just a 'duty buy' for me really. I know some people just love aeroplanes, but I'm not one of them.

I recognise some of the parts, but where are all the parts of the conversion from? It looks really good and fits in really well with the IG. The head especially makes me think of the Death Korps of Krieg ...
    Which bits? If it's the mech, follow the link above. If it's infantryman bits, be specific and I'll let you know.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 10-14-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Amazing looking army. I like the alternate heads you've got sprinkled throughout.

It's because Cadian helmets are The Worst.

Well, that and because Pig Iron and Statuesque Miniatures are ten kinds of distilled, triple-filtered awesome.

Sorry about the Knight Titan mistake - I just know he's bigger than a Dread, but smaller than a Warhound.

I bought Riders a long time ago, because my Guard use the Tallarn models. In my case, I'm mounting them on Cold Ones, to match the jungle camo my army wears. I need to finish them, but the legs need conversion work which slows me down.

Valk isn't bad, but the nose needs a trim. Again, conversion work.

Also, thanks for the additional pics!
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

i see some female heads, where did your heads from?

Chapter-Master

Nice army Yorkie, first thing your walker reminded me of was the robot from fallout 3.

Favourite thing that jumps out at me from the pics is the trench coat ogryn though.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    As for Valkyries? I just hate the model. To be honest, I don't really like any flyers. I do have one. It's been assembled on my desk for about four months and I've just not had the inclination to paint it. I'm sure I'll get round to it in the end, but flyers are just a 'duty buy' for me really. I know some people just love aeroplanes, but I'm not one of them.

Sooo, what's holding you back to beat that valkyrie into submission? You're obviously not against some converting, so why not make the valkyrie you want to see? That's what I did with that hideous, hideous Storm Raven, and I'm also planning to attack that silly Storm Talon with a hacksaw and plasticard. I urge you, nay, peer-pressure you, into making a Valkyrie into something that you would be proud of seeing in paint.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

i see some female heads, where did your heads from?
    [url]http://statuesqueminiatures.shop033.com/p/8774376/sma012-heroic-scale-female-heads.html[/url]

Great site, lovely models, and the heroic female heads are perfect for 40K. We all need to buy them, because if they're successful, there's talk the sculptor will make some ones with berets (like the Tempestus), which YES. ALL THE YES.

I urge you, nay, peer-pressure you, into making a Valkyrie into something that you would be proud of seeing in paint.
    Oh, I will eventually. It's just that flyers leave me cold. I did the Stormraven for my Deathwatch largely because I had no other projects on. At the moment I've got eleventy billion little things to do. I'll probably get round to the Valkyrie some time. It's just Flyers in general don't excite me.

But yeah, it'll get converted. Every other model in my army is.

oh yes female heads with berets would be fantastic, love the geara zulu conversion also.

can i get a close up of the armored car please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12