BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IA13 and you!

Default IA13 and you!

Bonjourno!

So, IA13 seems to be going down a treat, and has sweetened up the lot of Chaos players everywhere.

But what do you think you'll be taking out to play in the future?

For me, there are three picks which are 'must have'....

1. Chaos Spartan Assault Tank. 25 model Transport Capacity, HP5, double the lascannon dakka of a Landraider, Extra Armour built in, can take Frag Assault Launchers - all for a piffling 55 points more than a Chaos Landraider. If anyone can give me a good reason to take a Landraider over it, I'd like to hear it!

2. Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought. Nekkid, it's 30 points more than a Helbrute, for BS5, WS5 and an extra attack, and no Crazed table. Some weapons are more expensive, but Lascannons aren't. Oh, and for 25 points, should it go pop you've got a 1 in 3 chance of hatching into a Daemon Prince (those of you following my general gibberings may have spotted I really like that upgrade!) And if it doesn't? You get a Spawn for 5 points cheaper than normal. That's got to be good for a laugh!

3. Chaos Hell Talon. 70 points cheaper than a Heldrake, and arguably better armed than one for just 15 points extra - two Reaper Autocannon that are Heavy 3, Twin Linked and Rending. Oh, and it has a permanent 5+ Invulnerable, making the otherwise mildly debilitating Jink a thing of the past, and can reposition (but not it's facing) D6+2" at the start of it's move.....Oh, and it's Fast Attack, so for airborne gribbly daemon Hijinks, you could field 6 fliers in total...Main downside is AV10 all round and HP2.

For me, and I'm by no means a Chaos player, those are simply compulsory. They're just objectively much, much better than the main book offerings. Indeed the only issue I can see with not fielding them is the depth of your pockets (oh, and goons that refuse to play Forgeworld because reasons

But I also want to explore the wider implications of these toys. Good example is one from above - the Spartan. Transport capacity 25 means you can fill it with a power armoured blob squad. Does that make an otherwise lesser seen unit suddenly more appealing?

Does the availability of FA flier free up your HS slots from the flapping Tyranny of Heldrakes?

Get going!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I really like the sound of the Hell Talon - that's a great, focused gunship
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

One minor quibble- the Heldrake is already in Fast Attack. That being said, for pure sky-clearing goodness, I like the sound of the Hell Talon.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

I'm really liking the Hell Talon, Seems like a steal honestly. I mean it will die but it should kill an enemy model before it does and if that's a vehicle of any kind it's probably made it's points back. and even if it's just like a rhino or something then it will keep that squad from being mobile. I'm digging it.

I'm excited about the Spartan as well. Just the thought of 10 Terminators or a ton of Berzerkers busting out of it with grenades seems like it can't be that bad. Now i just need to find a way to make one without having to spend the money on the Forge World one.

As far as the Dread goes hes still a dread... Not great but never bad. Seems fun. I'd give him a shot and just run him forward so he can get shot, hopefully blow up and turn into a Daemon prince for me.

I'm super excited about this book. I can't wait to start making lists with these things in them. I've got a storm eagle just begging to be played.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Does the infernus get AV13?

Don't loyalist vens get 13 normal or is that only the ironclad?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Does the infernus get AV13?

Don't loyalist vens get 13 normal or is that only the ironclad?
    AV 13 is Ironclad and Contemptor only. "Venerable" is currently just a purchasable upgrade on the generic Dread only, granting improved W/BS and the re-roll penetration effects rule (to be fair, a W/BS 5 Ironclad would be a bit obnoxious).
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

OK fair enough
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I think Kharn with 20 Berzerkers in a Spartan sounds awesome. Or Abaddon with 10 Terminators. The Frag assault business is good although not as good as Dirge Casters - preventing the nasty Tau doing their tricksy overwatch sharing.

Oh yeah - BTW does 5HP for Spartan make it a SH?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I think Kharn with 20 Berzerkers in a Spartan sounds awesome. Or Abaddon with 10 Terminators. The Frag assault business is good although not as good as Dirge Casters - preventing the nasty Tau doing their tricksy overwatch sharing.

Oh yeah - BTW does 5HP for Spartan make it a SH?
    Nope! Just a Heavy Support choice, so you can has three.

And I'm pretty sure the Spartan can have a Dirge Caster as well as the Frag Assault Launchers - just checked the break down of options I posted on B&C - and yes, yes it can.

I expect all your Beserkers to be modelled legging it, flipping the bird with both hands, laughing at the suddenly very, very nervous Tau
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

oh, and goons that refuse to play Forgeworld because...
    They're just objectively much, much better than the main book offerings.
    Could be a strange coincidence? Especially if you are not playing one of the armies that gets new toys weekly...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast